Curling leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain1

Reaction score
Watered this morning with 6.5 ph water 1 teaspoon of FF nuts run off was 6.8 oh. Heat is 74 degrees. They have literaly curled and yellowed the tips by tonite. Any thoughts? My meter was calibrated befor the test. Lights are 1000w MH 12 inches away. Looks like nut burn to me but I have not added any more than usual but they are fairly dark green.

hows it going capaain1.
maybe its heat.. too much IR heat.. or just to close? startingt to twist as well? that would be my guess witht the info and no pics..
good luck.
LH

Thanks I took pics and posted them in the coffee table under 2dog post "how everyone doing" so it wont let me post them twice.

Heat and theres like three types of curling that can happen to tips up, V-ed up or V-ed down. If it just happened and its just the tips that are yellow and theyre still "flat" and curling down its heat for sure. The others are nut deficencys and "overdose" symptoms

PS dude if your 1000w is 12 inches away I dont know where your thermometer is but it is way hotter than that 12 inches away unless you have a dedicated fan on the tops. Where on the plant was the most/only place effected? That answer will tell you whats up

hiya guys yeah i have the same problem just sus it with help off this site i agree heat mate cool the grow room down!

cap do you have good fans? if it is cold outsidee can u open the window? maybe move the light further from them.

As far as fans I have 1 170 cfm blowing fresh air in and 1 ocilating fan blowing between the lamp and the tops fed by the fresh air.I also Have a 440 cfm with scrubber running through my light exhuasted out my house My temps have dropped to low 70's I am in flower now and they still are curled my light is 14'' away and my nuts have change for 1 week to FF tiger bloom. A friend stopped by that grows and he said he wouldnt worry that they look fine I will post some new pics.

Pics of leaves in Flower...

curling 007.jpg

curling 008.jpg

curling 004.jpg

Also my thermometer sits on the wall inbetween the lights and tops should be close. I have checked it for accuracy seems to always be right on. Curling is found only on some leaves even the lower ones close to the cool air comming in so heat is hard for me to believe but im down if thats what you think it is. Also with the nut change they are not as dark green but even the new growth is curling as can be seen. Ph has been lowered to 6.3 run off.

Captain, not meaning to jack your thread but have a similar problem.

Facts: 175w MH Fox Farms soil and nute schedule. Ph watering is usually between 6-7. Run off unfortunetly was way low around 5?!

I have been having this problem for about the past three straight grows. At about 5 to 6 weeks veg time they begin to show N deficiency and then POW! the leaves curl and shortly after they die.

Trying to correct this issue if I can, but more importantly learn why I am having this problem so I don't continue to have it.

DSC00904.JPG

DSC00905.JPG

DSC00906.JPG

IMO at sweet then your ph needs to be adjusted to show your desired ph at RO. cant belive your soil isnt buffering it more I have to add ph down to mine like 6.0 to get 6.8 RO.

Checked mine this morning with no real advancement in the curling but decided to flush them anyways. Added some N pellets to the soil to help with yellowing. Hope I can come out of this one ok with no loss.

Sweest said:
Checked mine this morning with no real advancement in the curling but decided to flush them anyways. Added some N pellets to the soil to help with yellowing. Hope I can come out of this one ok with no loss.

I think that was a good start. Atleast you know you are starting Fresh. Are you using Fox Farm liquid FERTS? Like FF grow? If so you should have plenty of N. I dont use full strength because my leaves are soooo dark green as it is. I wonder were your leaves very dark green befor they turned yellow? Wonder if you are having salt buildup?

I believe it is just a salt build up. My plants were going strong and growing well, then at the 5 to 6 week mark they seem to run low on N and then get very easily nute burn, even tho its the same amount they have been getting the whole time. This has happened several time prior.

Using FF liquid yes. big bloom, grow big so far. Following my chart as directed. Thinking instead of feeding every water maybe alternate between nutes and just fresh water.

I run FF at 1/2 at the begining and 3/4 till flower. In flower I run full strength. Wonder If I should flush...?

I think it may have to do with the size of my pots. I have been slowly increasing from half to full, but I feed on every watering. I'm going to ease them back on and probably alternate nutes and fresh water.

Still happening here cant figure it out. I dont have tips yellowing anymore but the new growth is still curling down. I have lowered my PH to 6.1 and Im going to up my NUTs to full strength. I also run a temp probe on the actual top of the plants highest reading is 80 and thats when my fans drop off befor the lights do. I did have a spider mite prob but do believe Im past it havent seen anything for the last few weeks. Let me know if anyone has anymore ideas.

Latest posts

Back