Cuttings flowering under 24/0...What the heck???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rehab is for Quitters

Reaction score
Okay I've got a mother plant that I took several clones from. They have been rooting for a few weeks in water. I've got them under fluoros on 24/0. Today I went out to check on them and they are FLOWERING!! These are little cuttings about 4 inches tall that are in the process of forming roots, yet they are flowering under 24/0!?!?

They are white widows and the others did not flower until switched to 12/12. What happened???

Also is there any way to salvage these cuttings and get them to return to veg??

hmmm....auto flower..ive only heard of that in the form of a strain called lowrider. also i think purple star is sometimes autoflowering.

I dont think they are preflowers because I also had two cuttings from another plant of unknown gender and those 2 cuttings grew balls...LOTs of them. I have these two little cuttings sitting in a cup, covered with balls! The females are much less obvious.

But I do have a theory as to what might have happened. There is a digital clock in my growroom that is now flashing. Could it be that the power went out for some period of time and that caused them to flower? The room would have been completely dark if the power had gone off (no windows). This could be a ludicrous theory, but its the only thing I can come up with...

I've heard the experienced growers say that it takes more than an occasional blackout to cause flowering. :confused2:

Keep us posted on what happens with them. It'd be interesting to hear them finish flowering under 24/0 :eek:

Growdude said:
Maybe you are just seeing preflowers.

That was my first thought when i read the post.
I would check everything though esp. your timers.

yeah iam experiancing the same thing ,was your mother plant in full veg or had it been in flowering then put into veg

Mutt said:
That was my first thought when i read the post.
I would check everything though esp. your timers.

I don't have timers on my cuttings. I have the lights on 24/0. Go figure...

Bubby said:
I've heard the experienced growers say that it takes more than an occasional blackout to cause flowering. :confused2:

Keep us posted on what happens with them. It'd be interesting to hear them finish flowering under 24/0 :eek:

I've heard the same thing, but its the only theory I can come up with. I wonder if the power went out more than once if that would make them flower??

stonedsmithy said:
yeah iam experiancing the same thing ,was your mother plant in full veg or had it been in flowering then put into veg

Mom has always been in full veg, never flowered. The male plant was never flowered either and his cuttings grew balls. If it happened to only one plant I would think it was just a quirky plant. But since it happened to two different plants, it makes me think it was a lighting thing. But I really don't know.

I tossed the boys out, but will keep everyone posted on what happens with the girls.

Latest posts

Back