Deer hunting season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzydiodude

Reaction score
:) Deer season starts this week, Good luck to all hunters! If you happen on someone's field leave it alone! Some growers will shot you over a little bit of weed.
Hunt safely and enjoy your time with Mother Nature!

:48: :tokie: :48:

:headbang2: :bong1:

ozzydiodude said:
:) ! Some growers will shot you over a little bit of weed.

I think it's been provin that even the most docile growers will kill someone over there plant, with the responses to the thread where someone said a hunter found someones grow. I thought we were all peaceful around here, till you get in the way of there plants. :p

My kinda hunting.

funny-deer-picture-sleeping-hunter-.jpg

just had some 24 hr marinated tenderloin last night..venison chili tonite. :D
been season here. mmmm...no beef for this mutt this winter :D
we have a very "liberal" hunting season here..3 months long and 2 buck/day max. 10 total for season. :D
prolly get 1-2 (meat eating now a gift) but 2 last me all yr.

does have been in here since sept 6, bucks and bear came in saturday. no luck yet, but i got straps left from last year. and stew meat too.

mutt i gotta go defrost some now, you got me drooling. try marinating in itallian dressing, its a good switch from the honey taryaki

we're CRUSHED with does this year and the dgif gave us from sept 6 to nov 1 for archery, nov 1 to 15 for muzzleloader, nov 15 to jan 3 for gun and a late anterless from jan3 to march 28.

my wife is gonna kill me........................good thing she dosent know where my treestands are or im sure she'd sabotage them.

clanchattan said:
mutt i gotta go defrost some now, you got me drooling. try marinating in itallian dressing, its a good switch from the honey taryaki
I marinated 24 hrs. in balsamic vinaigrette some fresh peppercorn and garlic, splash of lemon juice n touch of beer. ;)
pan cooked it in butter and tossed over rice..added some flour to the juice and made some gravy to go with it. tossed in some steamed green beans and okra too..mmmm ;)

ozzydiodude said:
:) Deer season starts this week, Good luck to all hunters! If you happen on someone's field leave it alone! Some growers will shot you over a little bit of weed.
Hunt safely and enjoy your time with Mother Nature!

:rant: I am sorry if I find someones grow on my land, it really doesnt bother me but I wont take the heat anymore, after last years $$$ issue and I'll just leave it to Bro-In-Law to post His cameras to catch the unlucky grower:eek:

Perhaps an explanation, LEO around here anyway, puts UP remote cameras on any discovered grows where they dont immediately catch the growers. It is entirely possible to walk into such a grow and prudence would suggest caution, eh

That said, I will also try and warn anyone that the jig is UP and not to come back to their grow once it has been compromized, not an easy thing to do and stay out of the way of LEO :hubba:

If I came upon your grow on public land, I'd just stay away from it, as best I could, hoping not to compromise it or myself ;)

If I came upon your grow on a friends land, I'd tell him straight away :rolleyes:

I suppose it is not practical to grow on your own land, eh, so that's the risk you gotta take when you borrow anothers garden to grow in :eek:

As for getting shot at, that would be a bad thing indeed:bolt:

Never been hunting but can't wait for my 1st time this year on a friend's land. Do i sense a biggest buck competition?

clanchattan said:

If you like italian dressing clan try Chavettas. Marinade for a half hour or cook it in that stuff.............:hubba::holysheep:

I dress and butcher my own deer, we do sausage and everything. My favorite is to take the tenderloins in 4" chunks and wrap that baby up with fresh bacon (if you have a slaughter house nearby ;) ) , brown sugar, real maple syrup (just before you pull them out) and bbq or broil them...... *no smilie for tongue hanging out and hitting the floor.

Mutt said:
just had some 24 hr marinated tenderloin last night..venison chili tonite. :D
been season here. mmmm...no beef for this mutt this winter :D
we have a very "liberal" hunting season here..3 months long and 2 buck/day max. 10 total for season. :D
prolly get 1-2 (meat eating now a gift) but 2 last me all yr.

Wow, where's that at Mutt??? Here you get two a year max and they're little puny blacktails (unless you get drawn for an x and muley's on the menu). If you are really, REALLY lucky you might get the nod for an elk tag. But then you may as well play the lotto and take the money for a trip to Idaho.

Now Mutt, how come you didn't invite me to dinner? I see how ya are. :p

:rant: There is a new problem in the woods, the people who :eek: dump their "meth lab" trash:cry: along four-wheeler trails and logging roads. IMO everyone should have their own:woohoo: freedom of choice in "drugs". But we(the human race) should protect the "MOTHER EARTH" at all cost.

:48: :tokie: :48:

:headbang2: :bong1:

Latest posts

Back