DIY res water chiller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old blue

Reaction score
Hey y'all. the temps in my grow closet are a lil high, (84-86 at peak lights on) so my 5gal dwc buckets are gettin a lil warmer than i'd like. So ive been searchin for water chillers to keep the temps down, and couldn't find anything easy and cheap. Thats when i got the idea to just set them in rubbermaid containers and just put a cupfull of ice in each, everyday, or as needed. It cost me a grand total of $4 per chiller and it actually works great. brings the water down to around 60* or so, instead of 75*. And to keep it as easy as possible, i bought a $3 siphon pump to pump out the melted water when it gets too full. Tell me what u guys think of this simple, but effective idea.

1214081228.jpg

sounds like a winner to me.if thats what you have to do to control the temps,so be it.anything it takes.thank god i do not have an issue with temps any longer.i fought hi temps during the summer months until i got a couple portable ac units.now that its winter,i keep my grow areas in the 60's with the lights on.and at night hrs, its in the low 70's. good idea to me bro.

I like that idea alot...thanks old blue. I live in the desert and that will come in handy.:aok:

AzLaker
:cool:

Latest posts

Back