Dome/bay lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmongrass

Basil Farmer.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the big done/bell hps hoods with top mount ballast? they are put on ceilings in factories. i have 4 of the hoods and need to pick ballasts. i could just use a remote ballast as they are wired for that, but for the price of 1 400w hps ballast i can get 2 of the hanging ballasts.

it does look like they may be too low tho, hXXp://www.hubbellindustrial.com/products/tribay_ch_ou60_eu60/

note: im not using all 4 hoods. id like to use 2 but if i can only afford 1, then 1 it is.

Yeah i use a Mh baylight. I just split the light from the ballast making it remote. They are cheaper than some lights. And if you want more lumens order a light from on of the online sites like:
hXXp://www.1000bulbs.com/

I put a dome reflector on each of my 20$ 150w HPS lamps; they were just cheapo ones that i picked up at Home Depot. I actually used the cords they came with to wire the HPS also. They work alright I guess, but the area of the light they reflect is very small so i ended up just putting one plant over one plant, which worked out great. I ended up taking off the reflectors when i changed my grow rooms, and am currently running them pretty much as you buy them so they cover a broader area. I plan on rewiring the lights to make the ballasts remote and allowing me to run them horizontally so i can take advantage of a better reflector. I think this is the best way to go when working with top-mount factory factory//security lights

i use a 400watt hps warehouse lamp,made a reflector and made the ballast remote works great.also have some 400watt mh street lamps.

awesome. i think this is the route ima go. either crimp or buy a couple cheap normal reflectors, ditch my domes, and make the ballasts remote.

Latest posts

Back