Drfting07 indoor '23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy happy happy little plants. Everything got it's first feeding today, buildasoil craft blend top dressed and watered in with bio-phos.

Attachments

• received_325014423626822.jpeg
    received_325014423626822.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
Sexing results should be in Monday, as well as transplanting to their final pot. Going to try 4 gallon this round.

Anyone have experience with auto watering systems for small tents? Realized I will be in mid to late flower while I have a vacation planned. I'll be gone for a week 😬

Attachments

• 20231214_155140.jpg
    20231214_155140.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
If your strapped for cash and need to leave for a week... just use a wick setup. Works great for a small amount of plants.. Fill a gallon or 2 of water, use any nylon rope... run rope from bottom of jug to base of plant and just loop it at the base laying on top.. the water will feed up the rope to the plant and drip...and use the water up slowly as the plants need it... quick, simple and ez...

Just a thought.... never used a drip setup so not going to try to offer up advice... sowwy and good luck man.. bet your vacation is much needed

If your strapped for cash and need to leave for a week... just use a wick setup. Works great for a small amount of plants.. Fill a gallon or 2 of water, use any nylon rope... run rope from bottom of jug to base of plant and just loop it at the base laying on top.. the water will feed up the rope to the plant and drip...and use the water up slowly as the plants need it... quick, simple and ez...

Just a thought.... never used a drip setup so not going to try to offer up advice... sowwy and good luck man.. bet your vacation is much needed
Check your mail LOL

And we have 5. 2 Satori, 2 dirty little secret and 1 True Og x Trophy Wife.

A little more crammed than I anticipated. And kind of dropped the ball on transplanting in time. 3 definitely showed signs of being root bound. Things to keep in mind next run.

Transplanted into Coast of Maine Stonington blend. No amending, just extreme myko and watered in with bio-phos (beneficial bacteria) . Want to see how far they will go before needing to be fed in veg, if at all.

Attachments

• Polish_20231221_094457646.jpg
    Polish_20231221_094457646.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Decided to removed the humidifier from inside the tent and duct it in from the outside. Cleans up the tent and give me more room to scrog.

Defoliated under the canopy and dropped the first trellis net tonight, a 6x6". I'll be using 3x3" next.

Attachments

• Polish_20240104_172422694.jpg
    Polish_20240104_172422694.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Polish_20240104_172546033.jpg
    Polish_20240104_172546033.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I keep saying I'm going to scrog and have chickened out every time. I doing it for sure this run. Question... assuming the squares in the net are 6 by 6 and the next one up higher is obviously the 3 by 3... Why not go with the 3 by 3 as the lower one? I figured at a higher level you would be dealing with thicker budding mass. Just curious... I'm going to be real nervous when I start snapping stuff over and smushing them down a little. Noticed you netted roughly a month in. - Post #29 you were talking about the flip. Have you done it yet? Again, assuming is bad, Do you take some of the stretch into account filling the first net before you allow them to go vertical? - Watched a lot of youtubes on the topic. Thank You ahead of time @drfting07

I use 2x4" hog pen fence. The stuff has to be 9 gauge, and the plants don't push it up. When they hit the screen, I tuck 'em down every couple of days until they really fill up the screen, then I quit. After a few weeks, I flip to flower. Once they've got thick enough, I cut everything that's below the screen and watch 'em jump!

I'm going to force myself to do it this time. Based on GMO's grow of his Ch#3, it seemed to me to have quite a stretch after the flip. I planned on an upper and lower net too and I have 2 different sizes. I planned on using the smaller squares first.

The last run, the first couple branches didn't bend, they snapped off. I stopped right there and didn't go through with it. I know now how important it is to start training for this bending over thing early.

I keep saying I'm going to scrog and have chickened out every time. I doing it for sure this run. Question... assuming the squares in the net are 6 by 6 and the next one up higher is obviously the 3 by 3... Why not go with the 3 by 3 as the lower one? I figured at a higher level you would be dealing with thicker budding mass. Just curious... I'm going to be real nervous when I start snapping stuff over and smushing them down a little. Noticed you netted roughly a month in. - Post #29 you were talking about the flip. Have you done it yet? Again, assuming is bad, Do you take some of the stretch into account filling the first net before you allow them to go vertical? - Watched a lot of youtubes on the topic. Thank You ahead of time @drfting07
This is my first full run in a tent, and have never scrogged before this. I'm playing everything by ear and changing slightly as I go.
You are correct on time frame. I'm about 4.5 weeks into veg.

I'm comfortable with LST so I went ahead and did my normal routine of topping once and start training the week after. Usually shoot for 4-6 top sites before I let her go. Only difference is I now added the screen.

I had to the 6x6" square already. The 3x3" will give me more adjustability and make it easier to fill in. I only started in the 6x6 because I had it on hand but may opt to use just 3x3" next run.

My first run, I had 12 plants under the screen. Every day or two I'd tuck 'em. The second run, I used 6. Took two more weeks to fill the screen as big as the first run.
I run RDWC, so I'm checking stuff every morning religiously. Most of the time, it's checking the res water for nutes and PH, with an occasional peek inside the grow room for anything sticking above the screen.
My room has a double door. The first one is just a conventional door with a lock that opens to a second sealed door with a plexiglass window in it. I don't even need to open the second door to look in.

Latest posts

Back