Durban Poison grow question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSkool

Stubborn as an ol' mule..
Reaction score
Hey all.

I figured I better get with the 21st century and grow some updated dope. So, Oldskool has some newschool seeds to try out.

Problem is I've no experience with this variety. If it's similar to the California sativas I'm used to then fine. This stuffs from deepest Africa...

I'd like to know how long some of you have vegged this variety b4 forcing flowering. How tall will it get when finished, etc.

Please, only you that have first hand experience growing this variety....

I've read plenty, but I'd like some real growers tips please.

My room is 2' x 3' x 6' tall. Plenty of light 360* at about 4,500 psf.

Any first hand info appreciated! :D

Oldskool

I got 6 in sprout now. From what I'm told it a really wild high if grown right. Doesn't take super long. But being an african strain was told that you may get some geno variations. also a few breeders I chat with said it was hard as heck to map out the phenos on it. It's just how african strains are they said.
It is a Sat and would recommend doing some LST Just to keep a handle on ht. ahead of time.
Also was told the flowering time isn't as rediculous as most sativas. which is good. I like the rediculous long flower types of smoke...growing em ain't as much fun :p but its the price to pay for speed weed LOL
You can force flower any time....but would let it veg a few weeks.
You can even grow em 12/12 from start. But I'd grow em like any other and just train em to keep a smaller canopy as most sativas love to stretch.
I hope I helped some...never grown DP but grown a few sats.

You have some in sprout now? Sweet. I have to wait until my unknown indica varieties bloom out. I can hardly wait...
I have a six foot tall grow chamber lit from the sides as well as the top so there should be plenty of light for the side branches and lower buds.
So you think I should give them a few weeks of veg b4 I flower them then, given that I have a six foot chamber?

LST the plant... in 6' you should be fine. Just tie the top down and get some more side branching. you can easily do it.
I flip the lights at week 4-5. I don't wait for pre-flowers and alt. nodes on most of my sat grows. as if i wait that long it will get too big for my grow.

tHG that is one sexy plant :hubba:
Outdoors would hate to think the potential :eek:

Sweet looking mama there Hempgoddess. That's exactly what I plan to do with the DP when I get it. Cross it with my Indica strain of unknown origin.
I figured why not?
Will let you know when I do with pics too!

I'm at week 4 & 1/2 with my indies and they are taking over my box. They are 5" tall with 7 to 8 internodes each and real healthy and dark green. They are starting to really branch and the meristem is fat with growth. Just can't have 13 indies in a box made for six or eight plants. Is it too early to flower the indies? Here's a current pic of the 'house of the unknown strain'...

Thanks both of you for takin the time!

Oldskool

Edit: No, those are not my only lights! There is approx. 5,000 LPSF in that 2' x 3' x 6' tall box. I just dropped a couple of CFL's on top because it was getting so dense...

30 days old.jpg

Latest posts

Back