DWC res temps too high?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cowboy, Thanks for posting that about the chiller. I have been looking for that.

not being a noob? priceless.

no matter how many meters i have or how much money i spend i still suck at growing, but im learning alot and having fun.

i hear ya Tater, just having fun while growing. cant wait to have several harvests under my belt.

DLM3, let me know how that chiller works. the link that Cowboy put up is the cheapest Thermoelectric chiller ive seen that isnt a diy type.

thanks to those that help even though i havent posted any pics.

I use a DWC system as well and had the same Res temp issues. What I did to resolve it was I put my res into a bigger tote. I was able to fill the bigger outer tote with water and set my res inside of that. With just adding the water alone it dropped my res temps 10 degrees. Plus it also gave me enough room to then add 2 one gallon frozen milk jugs and no my temp stays at about 65-69 degrees. The bigger outer tote just pulls the heat from the res and cools it. I will upload pics tonight when i get home to so you can see what I mean. I live in the desert where our summers ar 90-110 degrees and so far I havent had any issues. I just started blooming 2 days ago.

Dragonkeeper44, thanks for the info. that is one thing i didnt think about but i put the dwc on hold during the summer and im going to use soil on the three clones i have. i am passionate about all mediums to grow in plus several years ago i did a soil grow that was going great but roommate problems ended it early.

anyway, thanks for the responses.

Just a quick little story about peltier chillers. Ice prob makes one for small aquariums and in my experience it worked really well when only using about 75 watts worth of light, on a fish aquarium. Here, I dont think it is going to cut it for you. Like others have said, a chiller might be your only solution or an A/C window shaker.

Oh something else that I found wroks really well, get a small computer fan 12VDC maybe a 120mm, cut a hole in your res lid about the same size as the fan as well as an exit vent. have the fan blow straight onto the surface of your water. The evaporative cooling might be enough to keep your temp down, but you might have to do extra topping off. Cheap little trick I learned in the reefing (not reefer) trade.

Sorry it took so long to get these pics posted. Been a busy few weeks. Here is what I did to solve the high res temp issue. Its just a regular bin filed with water.

100_1847.jpg

thanks Dragon.

dman, i was using 20 oz h2o bottles frozen and i changed them out twicea day. it just got too time consuming so now im using Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil.

Latest posts

Back