Earthquake! West of Eureka CA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Aproximately 4:27 PM Pacific Standard Time, an earthquake of at least 6 was felt by me, it shook the dinning room hanging lamp and the curtains!
I googled the Earthquake site, hxxp://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/125-41.htm
change xx to tt.

Did anyone feel it? And how far away, I am 100-150 miles away. I would have rated it a 5+ but then I was not near it.

Thank the Maker that it did not happen off the coast of a Major Metropolitan area!

I can just imagine the Tsansumi Warning System over there wailing. Our thots go to those who were affected. What can one say? I hope the damage was only to things not persons.....

It was a 6.4, that is pretty strong.

Ten miles deep the action took place!

hxxp://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/nc71338066.html

xx to tt

Husband says at least 30 seconds.

Due to the depth of the shake, NO Tsansumi warning was issued.

One good thing about NJ is we don't get quakes like that...I hve only been through one when I was on the island of Okinawa Japan...freaked me out big time.....glad you and the family are okay tc...

I have been seeing a lot of earthquakes lately I am glad you are ok tc!

When I heard the seals had left the peir in SF, my first thot was ......

THEY FEEL AN EARTHQUAKE COMMING!

After this shake, I got online to find out where it was.

Updated info, is on one site, 6.5, (that says NOT checked by humans). Another site says 6.4......

Both say ten plus miles deep.

Thank you 2Dog....at least it wasnt "THE BIG ONE".......I hope that one never happens....

Yes HIE, my loved one who lives away...is in Earthquake City, San Francisco, prolly two hundred miles from the epicenter. I do not like it, but such is life...I guess. Thank you for your concern, everyone.

This quake was a deep one, ten miles. There is not alot of actual slippage on the actual top of the earth when they happen that deep. We will find out stats later, I guess.

Good night all.....see you on the flip side.

My thoughts go out to those who call that part of cali home!

when i read this , this morning, my thoughts were immediately shifted to you Tc, and of course, Ettesun...glad your fine, can you still reach her?...

Good Morning, we felt no aftershocks this far away...

On a more serious note, quote taken from an online artical on the quake....

Pacific Gas & Electric Co. spokesman J.D. Guidi said power outages were widespread across most of Humboldt County, affecting about 25,000 customers.

Nearly 10,000 remained without power some five hours after the quake, and some could remain without power through Sunday, said PG&E spokeswoman.

Looks like the indoor growers who have a loss of power are pulling their hair out and wishing they had bought generaters with their crop money. Can we say that any plants in Vedge are now switching to Flower?

Last I heard of Ettesun she was on a trip. I hope she bought a generater too!

No deaths related to the quake were mentioned in that artical.

any others who live along the ring of fire get a kick how people who don't experience earthquakes act?
it's nice to read all the well wishes, but most quakes are very tame guys. no need for worry at all.

i actually love em, always found em fun.
there's nothing to the majority of them. a little ground shaking. house rumbles a bit.
mom would freak, i'd be laughing.
may not be laughing if that big one ever hits though ;)

this mornings was too far south for me to feel though :( (maybe i'll get one of the aftershocks :) )
guess i'm also glad nobody got hurt, but i've experienced enough to know that nobody really should.

I too kinda enjoy a good shake, but the daughter lives in SF....so....now, everytime I feel one.....I freak.... It would be the "BIG ONE" if it was in SF and I could feel it 250 miles away!

Once here...a quake made a big rumble NOISE sound and shook the ground...that was the Rio Dell quake, bout ten years ago or less, dont remember the exact when on that one, but the noise was amazing. I was outside when that one happened, you could hear it comming toward you.....freaky.

I was raised the the bay area, I felt quite a few growing up. If they are felt in my Mountains up here, they are usualy nearby, there is a huge fault system off the coast of Northern California.

Thank you Madshot.

I was in the San Fernando earthquake of 71. Man.... good thing it was early on a Sat. Still lost 65 lives.

dude man i better call my grandparnts and see how they are thanx for the info

Latest posts

Back