Ebb 12 system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highman

berry berry sneaky!
Reaction score
http://growwurks.com/images/products/detail/ebbandgroebay.1.jpg

I recently purchased one of these systems for 500 USD so i will give my offical product review.

Goods

1. you can add up to 48 buckets
2. they sit super low to the ground
3. you can rotate the plant 360 degrees inside the pot
4. each pot can be easily moved around
5. minimal maintence

Bads

1. You have to custom install a breather hose at the tallest part of your 55g reseviors pump hose. ( i cut a hole and superglued a peice of air hose) This will break the siphon action and save you from mopping your floor one day.

2. The hose that is given is cheap and easily kinks. This is a big problem due to the fact that this system works with gravity. An entire string of plants can be denied water if the kink was in the right place.

3. If you set it up in a manner which is not consisant with the picture given you will have to buy addition fittings.

Hope this helps anybody who was considering this purchase. All in all i would say buy it with the intensions on spending 50 bucks more. What i mean by that is, this system would be flawless if instead of tubing use PVC. With premeasured out rows and a vast knowledge the strain your growing and you can get monsters with this setup. Although it is a bit expensive, again i believe with some modification it is the best system on the market.

Looks very interesting, i'm thinking of trying wilma's with coco, what media will you be using?

hey high just bought myself its on the way now. i'm alittle confused as to where you put that tube can you post some pics thanks

Newbud said:
Looks very interesting, i'm thinking of trying wilma's with coco, what media will you be using?

the system is awesome the only thing in my flower room is lights and plants (how it should be) im using rockwool but when my box of rockwool is done i will be switching to coco blocks for sure.

On the 3.5 mid resevior there is 6 holes to run your plumming to your plants. 3 on each side. I join two holes together to water 1 row of 6 plants, as you can see i have 3 rows of 6 it is working well hope this helps.. let me know if you have any other questions

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

I got that same system never had a problem with it. as long as you use the anti siphon fitting and put it where it needs to go you should never have a siphon problems I have 24 plants on it and love the heck out of it . I use regular lava rock from the home improvement center holds water great only cycles twice a day seems to be more then enough watering time . i plan on buying 1 more of these setups for my mom room and to start my clones under the t5 so it will be great to just pick up and move to the other room as needed. really the best way to go for me good luck with yours hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have mine here is a picture of where the anti siphon fitting goes just in case you need it its just an elbow with a 1/8 inch hole in it put it inside the 55 gal res as instructed as the hole is inside the res so the leak doesn't hurt anything hope it helps

img029.jpg

lava rock you say? hmm never tried it. I run mine 4 times a day with rockwool. As far as the anti syphon fitting goes i had mine in place and this morning when i check my room it was under water. So just to be safe i installed the hose now i never have to worry. Also it only took 3 minutes

i just shot some pics of me putting the RIGHT fitting in the RIGHT place. YOu were right all along, thanks for pointing that out sure that helped some people

on that lava rock its great just make sure you wash it good before
using it I just drilled some holes in a 5gal bucket fill it with rock and hose the crap out it . I noticed it seems to hold the plant more stable in the pot
too. enjoy

highman said:
lava rock you say? hmm never tried it. I run mine 4 times a day with rockwool. As far as the anti syphon fitting goes i had mine in place and this morning when i check my room it was under water. So just to be safe i installed the hose now i never have to worry. Also it only took 3 minutes

Latest posts

Back