ebb & flow??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played around with the water cycles of my ebb system and found that 4 times in 24 hours for 15 minutes worked well for me. The hydroton (in the bottom 3/4 of the bucket) ever got the chance to dry out and they finished up very happy. At first I watered every 4 hours (6x's a day) and was getting a little nuit burn so I backed it off.

Goodluck to you

Reactions: daf
daf said:
but if i put them in netpots do i have to fill tray with hydroton i wanted to make holes on the lid to suspend each pot

Hey daf! :ciao:

When putting plants or cuts into a netpot it is important to fill with hydroton before putting the netpot into the container of ton'....or else the hydroton in the container will float up when flooded and push the netpot up and out of ton' that is inside the container. If you leave the neoprene collar on there for support remember it floats as well so dont try and cover the collar up with ton too as you will want to remove it later anyway. The less disturbance the better. I have found rooting the cutting in the netcup and ton and container instead of a cloner stresses them out alot less. but to each thier own.

I would deffinately go with ebb n flo for yeild- the dwc is great to for ease and yeild but you will have a longer veg time and fewer plants, the tray you can SOG and fill it up and finish fast.... My personal fav; :)

Hope that helped :D

Ohh and I feed only when lights are on, during the night cycle i leave the timer off and flood right when the light comes on. for clones i flood once an hr to once every hr and a half for 15 minutes, once rooted i back it off to once every two hrs then the next week once every four hrs and leave it... the faster you flood and drain and let dry and flood again the better. humidity and fans have a big part to play in the later period of the flood and drain times. Lower humidity and the more airflow the quicker the containers dry....

there are sooo many diff. times of flooding i am doing 30min on and 2 hrs off, my leaves are droppy dont know if underwatering or overwatering

humidity at 40 75deg. fan on 24/7, should i have fan on 24/7

daf said:
there are sooo many diff. times of flooding i am doing 30min on and 2 hrs off, my leaves are droppy dont know if underwatering or overwatering

The flood times needed also change with the size of the plant and what stage of growth its in.

If you ask 20 ebb and flow people how long to flood and how long to wait between floods, you'll get 40 answers.

The best way is to do as you have. Ask, and then try what you think is best. If you have a problem, then adjust the timing.

If you're getting wilting, it *could* be lack of water. If the plants are still rather small and don't have a large root mass yet, your timing might be starving them a tad.

I would try increasing the on time and watch your plants very closely. If they start perking up, then you know you've found the problem.

There are no timings that are set in stone. Its whatever works.

The wilting could be a nute lockout, water temp, nute strength and ambient lighting or temps. It isn't necessarily the flood/drain timing, but that's a good place to start finding the reason.

Latest posts

Back