ebb & flow??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
POTUS said:
Light isn't calculated by the plant.

It's calculated by the square feet of canopy area.

3,000 lumens per/sq ft is the minimum I would use at full vegetative or flowering cycles.

5,000 is much better.

I agree with you, but not knowing how big his plants are, you must admit they would have to be fairly large plants for it to be needing the space a single 400 could cover effectively. I guess I'm use to smaller plants lol

NewbieG said:
I agree with you, but not knowing how big his plants are, you must admit they would have to be fairly large plants for it to be needing the space a single 400 could cover effectively. I guess I'm use to smaller plants lol
My grow rooms are 3.5' x 5.5' in size. I grow 4 plants in each room. Until they're about a foot tall, I use a dual 125 watt (250 total), CFL to light them. Then I use one 430 HPS until they're at near full room size. Then two 430 watt HPS until harvest.

With two 430 watt HPS on those four plants, I have slightly over 5 thousand lumens per/sq ft.

I get a pound of cured weed from each harvest.

Figuring out how much light you need is easy. Aim for 5,000 lumens per/sq ft. of canopy.

Reactions: daf
daf said:
how high is the table suppose to flood 5"
A 5" depth is ok as long as you have enough area for the root mass. At it's highest, the water should be at 2" below the top of the grow media. This maximises your root area and also ensures that light doesn't reach the nutrient rich water and grow algae.

NewbieG said:
just why put 4 plants, when you can put 25 smaller plants? Better odds when starting from seedling too.

Do you know what would happen to a good looking bloke like me in prison? :D

im think im gonna try 6" netpots,what size rockwool would be best to put inside with the hydroton

oltomnoddy said:
Yep, you're such a pretty thing.:hubba:
Ok, fine, now I'll have weird dreams all night....

Oh man, "Jail break Sally"

"Southern Gentlemen ride again"

That's it, no sleep for me...

POTUS said:
My grow rooms are 3.5' x 5.5' in size. I grow 4 plants in each room. Until they're about a foot tall, I use a dual 125 watt (250 total), CFL to light them. Then I use one 430 HPS until they're at near full room size. Then two 430 watt HPS until harvest.

With two 430 watt HPS on those four plants, I have slightly over 5 thousand lumens per/sq ft.

I get a pound of cured weed from each harvest.

Figuring out how much light you need is easy. Aim for 5,000 lumens per/sq ft. of canopy.

wow man that's a alot of cured bud from 4 plants! Do you mind me asking how long you veg. them for? I would love to get a pound a harvest if i could.

smokingjoe said:
Do you know what would happen to a good looking bloke like me in prison? :D

I see your point, but even at 4 large plants, I'm sure "estimated street value" would be in the millions dollars with those guys and girls we call the cops. they always make it sound like the bust of the year lol.

NewbieG said:
wow man that's a a lot of cured bud from 4 plants! Do you mind me asking how long you veg. them for? I would love to get a pound a harvest if i could.
I veg my plants using LST until the entire grow area is covered with upwards growing branches evenly. Then I let them get 12-18 inches tall, depending on the growth speed of that strain, in my max of 38" of grow height. Then I flower them. At harvest, I usually have trained most of the branches nearest the bulb into a "U" shape to keep them the proper distance from the heat.

The actual time in days varies with the strain. The LST doubles the normal vegging time.

I'm in no hurry. I have weed falling out of my ears.

That's a *cured* pound per/crop. I slow cure it for 3 months before I smoke any other than trial smokes.

After that, I open and air the gallon baggies I store it in, (inside cardboard boxes), once every other week for 24 hours. It stays real nice for as long as I like that way. I have one baggie that's more than a year old and if anything, it's cured down even more to make it seem stronger than it was at 3 months because the oil to plant matter ration has increased.

POTUS said:
I veg my plants using LST until the entire grow area is covered with upwards growing branches evenly. Then I let them get 12-18 inches tall, depending on the growth speed of that strain, in my max of 38" of grow height. Then I flower them. At harvest, I usually have trained most of the branches nearest the bulb into a "U" shape to keep them the proper distance from the heat.

The actual time in days varies with the strain. The LST doubles the normal vegging time.

I'm in no hurry. I have weed falling out of my ears.

That's a *cured* pound per/crop. I slow cure it for 3 months before I smoke any other than trial smokes.

After that, I open and air the gallon baggies I store it in, (inside cardboard boxes), once every other week for 24 hours. It stays real nice for as long as I like that way. I have one baggie that's more than a year old and if anything, it's cured down even more to make it seem stronger than it was at 3 months because the oil to plant matter ration has increased.

wow man thats incredible. I've seen the cardboard method used by Arjan for his Cannabis Cup plants so im sure it must be one of the best ways to cure the bud. The only LST I plan on doing is FIM on three of the plants to see if I can do it correctly. besides that I'm going to trim all the lower growth and just have colas as I think that may be the best method for the space I have. The under growth is already being covered up. I'm going to search a bit about your grows, I'd love to see this current one you got going.

NewbieG said:
I'd love to see this current one you got going.
I can't post any pics of my pepper grows. The pics are elsewhere on the net and it would create a link between the two sites. Sorry.

Here's a pic of a Big Bud grow I did a few of years ago. This was at 4 weeks into flower. You can see what I mean when I say I covered the entire grow area. This is two of 4 plants.

BigBudWeek4-1.JPG

I love my E&F system! I am currently using A 3x3 tray for A SOG, and I would have to say it is pretty productive for me..

zk1 12-26-08 before CO2 being added.JPG

Daf- How is it going for you! I harvest 12 clones in my SOG system every 2 weeks and they weigh in at alittle over A ounce each dry!

do i feed the plants 3 times a day for 15minutes,

do i feed only when lights r on and what is the difference between ebb and dwc

my tray floods for 20 min, 5 times A day or 4 times A day and once at night! Feel it out and see what ur plants like!

I've always used one hour on, two hours off, 24/7. It works great. Adjusting your nutrient strengh at the various grow stages is the hard part. Knowing when and what to feed.

Latest posts

Back