Economic condition does not affect marijuana sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
He pushes the sawed–off top half of a Canada Dry 2–liter into a container of water, forcing smoke into his lungs.

While this marijuana wasn’t any more expensive than usual, one–eighth of an ounce for $60, he is just one of many who continue to blow smoke in the face of an ailing economy.

Drug use is normally not affected by economics.

But one change is that police have cracked down on drug dealers, convincing many leave the business. Drug dealers believe that police are trying to meet higher quotas and make more money.

This results in more dealers going under, said a student smoker, and it can be expensive finding a new one, since dealers usually charge new customers more. In addition, dealers and buyers agree, the introduction of digital scales into the sale of marijuana means that the customer gets the exact amount that they pay for.

Traditionally, preferred customers may receive a bag of marijuana with a bit extra.

“Unfortunately, drugs are recession proof,” said Gainesville Police Department spokesman Keith Kameg.

Although the country is seeing ups and downs with the economy, Kameg said GPD usually doesn’t see upturns or downturns with marijuana sales and usage.

“People with an addiction will do anything they can to get money to support their habit,” he said.

Kameg said that in most cases, drug users are the ones who are committing auto and residential burglaries.

“People aren’t breaking into cars to get money for pizza,” he said.

In a business that has no legal safeguards, the increase in violence associated with the economic downturn can be dangerous for dealers.

“**** the police, I’m more scared of the jackboy,” said a man who has been dealing for decades.

The increase of violent crime has forced him to start carrying a firearm for protection, he said.

With police, a dealer may lose their entire stash and a lot of time and money dealing with litigation. With thieves and competitors, a dealer may lose their life, he said.

As the economy worsens, Kameg said people turn to selling marijuana because it is quick and easy money.

“Often times people think that they are one huge drug deal away from being the next Warren Buffet,” Kameg said. “But in reality, they are one big drug deal away from going to prison.” Kameg predicts that student drug use will stay steady throughout the recession.

Students that attend a state university have money for drug purchases, Kameg said.

He said that not only are students using drugs, but they are also selling.

“Our biggest fear for student drug dealers is home invasion robberies,” he said. “They are not aware that some of the people they are dealing to will hurt them if given the chance.”

hxxp://tinyurl.com/ajdxcm

city said:
And this is caused by MJ? More like meth dealers.
I can't remember how many times I did a home invasion rob. Or jacked an old lady on the street just to get a gram of weed......... dumb da dumb dumb DUMB!
lol just a junkie looking for that fix. :confused:

Well I mean come on guys... How many times have you not had money to eat because you smoked it all away? How many times have you had to sell yourself into prostitution to get a fix? WEED IS RUINING OUR LIVES!!

The dealer called his customers "jack boys" for those of you who don't know jack is heroine... he was probably a heroine dealer... not a weed dealer.
I really don't know how a person with any sort of intelligence would put those two in the same category. One is selling a plant, the other poison...

"jackboy" meaning the people that kick your door in at 1-3 am and take everything you got sometimes it dont end as good as i explained it

Havent we learned its a money game for the politicians. So many of em have their greedy lil hands in the pockets of the pharm. compaines.

Same thing happened in the 30's with booze.

People get depressed, stressed or worried...they tend to use...whatever more often.

"Drug use is normally not affected by economics."

this goes for prescription drugs too i will assume.

Like they say: "Drugs will get you through times with no money better than money will get you through times with no drugs.

Latest posts

Back