Example of broken top growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
You see the top is crooked. I broke top good during vegetation, taped it upwards and it still grew into a bud and a thick stem (up to 5'3")! Surprised me! (Hawaiian Snow)

I read as long as (strong, rigid) stem outer fibers are not snapped the plant tissue inside can still regenerate itself and that's what happened!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63124

as long as (strong, rigid) stem outer fibers are not snapped the plant tissue inside can still regenerate itself and that's what happened!

:aok:

I always break the tops of my plants when they get way taller than the others. What I do is squeeze the stem a few times where I want to bend it and then bend it all the way down. Doing this will shorten the top of the plant and will always grow back upwards and this keeps all your plants the same height so you do not have to keep moving your light to where yo got good lighting for one plant but bad lighting for the rest. It is a good technique that I actually learned on this forum and has worked well for me since witout damage to the plant.

I always end up bending and sometimes breaking the tops of my plants when they get up into the lights. I have found that even during flowering, if you don't damage them too bad or you can seal them up, most often they will heal and produce bud.

Heres a couple pics of some branches that I bent over to the point that they were angled toward the floor and the next day they looked like this: :icon_smile:

Pchk11-27a.JPG

PCHK11-27b.JPG

did the same thing a while back by mistake,it was like supercropping by accident.worked out good

Latest posts

Back