Face in anti-drug ads faces drug charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzydiodude

Reaction score
Huntington-- The star of a labor arganization's anti-drug television ad has been charged with what police call a "marijuana factory" in his Huntington home.

Wendell Searls was arrested Wednesday and charged with cultivating marijuana and possessing the drug with an intent to sell. He was held on $52,000 bond. It could not be immediately determined if Searls has a lawyer.

Huntington Police Sgt. Darrell Booth says investigators found more than 100 plants and tools needed to grow the crop indoors in Searls attic.

Searls a member of Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 521 appeared in a union-sponsored ad touting a drug-free work place.

This was in the Saturday "Charleston Gazette-Mail"

I bet he finds that just a little to hard to chew Now ! now he's got no ad and no jobs with the union sure must suck to be him now

I'm sure union rules will allow him to go to treatment and get his job back. I can see the group circle now. "Wendell, will you tell us about yourself please." The whole group then falls on the floor laughing. Once the union asked him to do the ad he was in no mans land, what you gonna say, no? lol

.... nothing wrong with a "drug free" work environment... :confused2:...

Hick said:

I agree with having a drug free workplace.(for those jobs that have an element of danger) but ads that promote "drug-free" workplaces aren't saying sure, go ahead and do drugs on your own time just come to work sober. Anti-drug PSA's are all the same. Anti-drug.

sounds like a bad conflict of interest...

"dont buy drugs off the street"

...wait, those are my drugs.

Hick said:

Agreed Hick..."do as I say, not as I do":2940th_rasta:

Coorporate world has accepted...but just do NOT look them in the face:eek:

Peace out Chicken Phat!!!!!!

According to the news and word on the street, he's snitching and on a union brother no less. I just laugh at it, a black eye like this the union will get rid of him, nobody will want to work a job with a brother you can't trust.

Hick said:

I agree. Even if MMJ if in an enviro where life and limb risks are present people have to be focused.
What I don't agree with is how the drug testing works. It targets the most benign drug out of the bunch. herb. Coke, Alcohol, Meth, etc. don't linger near as long as mj. To me its not really making a work enviro drug free. Rther deal with someone stoned, then someone that came to work on monday after a 3 day bender of meth, drinking, and no sleep.
You can be stone cold sober and have THC all over the body and function fine. but hangovers and stuff don't count. It shouldn't be drug testing...sobriety testing should be the call.

Mutt said:
I agree. Even if MMJ if in an enviro where life and limb risks are present people have to be focused.
What I don't agree with is how the drug testing works. It targets the most benign drug out of the bunch. herb. Coke, Alcohol, Meth, etc. don't linger near as long as mj. To me its not really making a work enviro drug free. Rther deal with someone stoned, then someone that came to work on monday after a 3 day bender of meth, drinking, and no sleep.
You can be stone cold sober and have THC all over the body and function fine. but hangovers and stuff don't count. It shouldn't be drug testing...sobriety testing should be the call.
I agree, what sort of msg are they sending when you can blow coke all weekend and get drug tested a few days later and be clean. But get high one weekend and a month later lise your job? If I were somone that was dumb enough to mess with other drugs, I would opt for the "keep your job easier" drug.

Latest posts

Back