Fan size for fridge grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GeezerBudd said:
Jeez,
I just took another look at this.
If you have your exhaust fan up in the freezer and the intake holes down in the fridge part, the air is'nt getting into the freezer. you need a hole(s) between the freezer and fridge-I think-If I am lookin at this right.

Gb

If u look at the 2nd pic in post #9, you'll see that i cut two 1"x3" holes in the top of the fridge, to use as a passive intake for the fan in the freezer to exhaust. So, basically, the air gets sucked into the two 1 1/2" holes in the bottom of the fridge, then blown around the fridge section via 8" fan, then sucked into the freezer thru the two 1x3" holes, and then pushed out the back of the freezer with the 130cfm computer fan.

Btw, i just found a 12v 1 amp power supply and hooked it up and the fan is working almost twice as strong now. With 5 26watt 56k cfls, the temps are staying at 80* it seems. I'm going to order another one of the 130cfm computer fans today, to install at the bottom of the fridge for an intake. Is it ok to have the same size fans as intake and exhaust, or should i use the old 9v cord to wire the intake one up, so it works less?:confused:

O.K. I really wish I had some pics for you but the paranoia set in on me and decided to be low key, but I had to try to help regarkless of no pics at the moment. I have two round cfls in the freezer recessed into the ceiling by removing the insulation and inserting a round ballast frome Home Depot. I have a pc fan into a 2" hole for intake. I also have a bathroom fan from H.D. in the top. I ran an exhaust tube out of it down to the frige part to a pvc T. This meets into the pvc pipe from the same type exhaust fan in the freezer. So the bottome fan is mounted on the upper right of the fridge and the freezer fan is on the left...make sense? Out of the lower fan I put a 90 to a home built cool tube with only a 70 watt hps...I will soon be trying a 150. I used a candle holder glass and some pvc fittings to manage. So out of the cool tube straight piece another 90 then meeting the lead from the freezer exhaust. Both exhausts into 1. Therefore I have only one hole out...STEALTH. You will have to drill some 2"holes at the bottom of the fridge near the angle in the back.. With all this I still had temps in the mid to high 90s. So now I have built a pvc piping system from a small lil beer fridge that leads to the big fridge..my wife calls Bertha..I have another pc fan pulling the cold air frome that lil fridge into Bertha..I have also wired the original fridge fan and placed it front of the cold air fan blowing up towards the light and the exhaust fan...Now I have temps around 84--88...managable. Obviously there are things you can and must do to have a stealthy fridge..You could just go through the ridiculous task of removing the insulation but then all you will have is a noisy cabinet.. I promise I will get pics up in about 2 days..So sorry all for the ramble but I hope it helps sum up a fridge grow.

For further details. I was also able to add 2 150wt cfls spiral type in teh bottome along with the 70wt hps. 70 is weak but was free with ballast, which is on the top hidden by coolers, but with small space, shield, and mylar on the biggest sections of the fridge, things are going quite well. I have 4 known girl clones about to go flower. One is just over wks and 3 others at 4wks now. I also started a new mother which is up top alone now. There will be all new clones up top with temps there at about 80. Good luck to you and hope you see my pics in a couple days. Hope I can help. By the way I have used only this site and the Pros it offers to learn everything that has gotten me this far..SO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

Sounds like u got a nice lil setup, growright. ;) Yeah, i dont need anything more than the 200 or so watts of cfls i have in there, since i'll only be vegging these to no more than 10" before putting them in my flowering tent under my 400 hps.

Sorry for all the unessasary info. But if you had to consolidate to one unit it is alot of work to manage temps. You could step up your outtake to a squirrel type for about $14 and use pc fan for intake.

growright35 said:
Sorry for all the unessasary info. But if you had to consolidate to one unit it is alot of work to manage temps. You could step up your outtake to a squirrel type for about $14 and use pc fan for intake.

Where can i get a squirrel type, that's over 130cfm, for $14???:eek:

Sorry maybe not what i have seen called squirell fan but a bathroom vent fan from Home Depot for $14 dont remember cfm but mine work fine. Tryin all day to load post with pics but I think the system here is the prob.

Latest posts

Back