Final flush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickywicked

Reaction score
Getting ready to do the final flush (yeah) and my local guru told me to add botanicare sweet to the reservoir water, which seems to me to defeat the purpose of the flush? What,s the way to go. To flush or not to flush and with what is my question

THG I,d appreciate your input if your lurkin out there...happy bd.

I only "flush" my plants halfway through in order to cleanse the soil of the salt and toxic chemical build up. I use just straight water for 24hrs so that it cleans out the old chemicals. At the end of my flowering I cut my nutes back for the last 2 weeks and let the plants use up the last of the nutes in the resevoir and any that is within the leaves of the plant.

I think a lot of people do different things. I know THG said that she feeds right up to harvest. I can't tell a difference with the plants between flushing and and not flushing at the end of the grow but I feel like there is no need to waste the nutes on the last week so I feed them one last time at about 2 weeks(from harvest) and just let that run out with just straight water.

I read up on the Sweet and I don't see the application of it at the last being all that helpful. It seems like a plant tonic to me. I use a plant tonic called Thrive alive but I use it earlier in the flowering phase to give the plants a boost. I just don't see the need to use anything at the end of the flowering. If the plants have been growing under optimum conditions throughout then they shouldn't need anything at the last as they are finishing their life cycle.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about that particular product to say one way or the other.

I cant flush, I just pinch it off and it falls right in ;) And no rings in me reservoir niether;)

BWD

If you use chem nutes and you don't flush, make sure you get a good long cure and you won't tell any difference. My last harvest I fed all the way to the end and It tasted / smoked just fine.

Hey BWD that looks like a fine studyin room you got there :) complete with "outdoor" plumbing and central air-conditioning. I bet you can get some good readin done there without the Mrs. disturbing you :)

BackWoodsDrifter said:
I cant flush, I just pinch it off and it falls right in ;) And no rings in me reservoir niether;)

BWD

You must have alotta money to have such a nice Outhouse. Im jealous.:D

why flush and lose grams of bud? taste is great when weed is cured

Latest posts

Back