Finally transplanted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
Even though I am growing outside right now, I am not able to plant my babies directly into the ground. I don't have space or the right soil to do it. So, I had to leave my babies in the pots they were in. But, I have noticed that my Junebug Jones (my girl) and Skippyjon have gotten exceptionally large in the time that they've gone from inside to outside, and their roots are growing out of the bottom of their pots.

So I went to Home Depot and got some new soil, and bought two, five gallon plastic planters. For the soil I bought two, twenty pound bags, 'cause I figure that each planter will take at least that. I was right, but I was wrong too. Each planter took 30 POUNDS!! OMG!!

Anyway, so after I have them planted I am going to put away the remaining soil (had to go back for more), and I notice something moving in it... wanna guess what it was... or should I just really gross you out??

IT WAS A ROACH!!!!!!!!! There were TONS of them, little baby ones, in the soil. Now, I am afraid I have planted my two babies in roach infested soil! They are already looking bad from the shock of the transplant, and I am afraid that if I transplant again they will die!

What should I do? Are roaches going to be a problem for them if there are a few in the soil? If so, is there a ground spike or something I can use in the planters that won't hurt the plants?

Thanks,
Metalchick

Wow..
Insecticide for edible plants shoud work.

transplant recovery can take a few days.. Relax

For future ref.. Last year I had plants on pots that were getting akward to transplant so I bought larger post like you and filled them with soil.. I stood the other pots ontop of the soil after carfully cutting the bottoms off the ones with the plants in... The roots grew into the new soil no problems..

Good luck with the buggers

Damn MC never heard of roaches being in soil. What the hell kinda soil did you buy?

Well, I'm sure that when I bought it, it was just eggs and then they probably hatched while I had it sitting before I used it. I can't believe I didn't notice them when I was pouring the soil into the pot. But I wonder if it was only that third bag and not the other two I used first.

I think that idea is a good one Nico. Next time I do it I'm gonna try it like that (putting the other pot on top).

It was Hyponex Organic potting soil. They were on sale so I thought I'd give 'em a try.

~Metalchick

Latest posts

Back