Fire Proof!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYDRO333

BIG Things >>>POPPIN<<<
Reaction score
I need a fire proof material that can resest a fire if it was to happen in my grow room, If possible from homdepot.
THANK YOU.

you mean for covering walls like mylar? or one of those fire blanket things?

yup, i would immagine so. however i don`t know about supressing fire??
what kind of lighting are you using?

I hear that asbestos is pretty good. Just line the room, ceiling, walls and floors with sheets of asbestos. HOWEVER, dont smoke the weed or enter the room, the whole house for that matter, because asbestos is very very very toxic. :rofl:

Perhaps you could build a growroom with firebrick, made to handle the fire??

Maybe you could rig a sprinkler system?? but then you would need a drain system to catch the water to avoid detection, by leaking water.

This is something every indoor grower faces. If my grow catches fire, I only lose my ice shed roof and door, the only thing that can burn, the walls and floor are stone.

Fire "proof" material really doesn't exist, especially in the sense that it will contain a fire within your room in a house. You can buy fire resistant materials, but they are very expensive, and well it's still a freaking fire in the middle of your VERY flammable room.

Your best bet would be to have someone that knows what they are doing wire things up for you and, don't do anything stupid!

Bent526 said:
Your best bet would be to have someone that knows what they are doing wire things up for you and, don't do anything stupid!

QFT!

HYDRO333 said:
I need a fire proof material that can resest a fire if it was to happen in my grow room, If possible from homdepot.
THANK YOU.

:eek: They do have a fire resistant/retardant sheetrock, it has to be used in hallways, common areas, etc. in apartment houses and such in our state so tenants have more time & can get out of the house, it's just going to slow things down though, you'll still burn in hell :evil: for growing the devil's weed, that's why I don't use it.....the sheetrock that is.....:hubba: :D

Hey there Hydro333,
Midnight toker is correct, unless he is referring to greenboard. The material that I think you are looking for is considered underlayment for bathroom tile etc, etc. It usually comes in sheets that are 1/2 inch thick and as for a fire retardent material to suit your needs I would seriousily look at this stuff. It's easy to cut, fairly heavy, and can be attached to wood walls with sheetrock screws. You can also mud and tape the seams to further seal it.
After you put it up you can plaster it smooth and then paint it flat white.
No fire is going to really get through this stuff either.
It is carried by HomeDepot also.
Hope this helps
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
Hey there Hydro333,
Midnight toker is correct, unless he is referring to greenboard. The material that I think you are looking for is considered underlayment for bathroom tile etc, etc. It usually comes in sheets that are 1/2 inch thick and as for a fire retardent material to suit your needs I would seriousily look at this stuff. It's easy to cut, fairly heavy, and can be attached to wood walls with sheetrock screws. You can also mud and tape the seams to further seal it.
After you put it up you can plaster it smooth and then paint it flat white.
No fire is going to really get through this stuff either.
It is carried by HomeDepot also.
Hope this helps
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Hey KK,
Exactly, it's used as a barrier as well between floors of businesses, etc. One more note, doesn't hurt to invest in a fire extinguisher either. :D

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
Hey KK,
One more note, doesn't hurt to invest in a fire extinguisher either. :D
a fire extinguisher is always safe, class AC-20 atleast, try for the biggest # after AC, the #has to do with the lengths of the discharge. A- for normal combustible fires, C- for electrical equipment, you dont want to complete the circuit with a fire extinguisher.

Yo Ho Kasgrow,

Hey, !! I really like that idea alot. Ain't no smoke worth burning it all to the ground. The dry chemical is perfect, and inert. It can be washed off your plant though I think at temps high enough to trip this thing your plant is crispy already. Sheeeeesh
I like good circuit breakers, and fan units that have probes that will turn on your fan if it starts to get too warm. Good and safe wiring is a must period.
BUT your point is well taken, we worry so much about stealth, we should always be looking for the unexpected. Well done indeed.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back