First grow ever, White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Post I have made in a LONG time.....

NICE job man. VERY nice..... actually just put some beans in the towels last night. WW's too )...

Hope to see more from ya.

Mouth-watering main cola pics. *drools but sips it back up before it can hit keyboard* .
Great stuff in this thread, looks like a heavy yielder for sure.

CasualGrower said:
First Post I have made in a LONG time.....

NICE job man. VERY nice..... actually just put some beans in the towels last night. WW's too )...

Hope to see more from ya.

Hey thanks man. I feel pretty good about the Amsterdam seed strain of ww's. I'm getting ready to switch over to nothing but straight water. I never got over 1/2 strength on the foxfarm nutes due to all I read about the nute sensitivity of ww's and never had a over nute issue. I'm also pleased with the tightness of the buds, they really are dense. Good luck, Casual, with your grow. Be sure and put a grow journal, I'd be interested in watching.

Yo Mental....keep your mouth from above your keyboard....ask me how I know...after I spent some time on the bud pic threads:D

Be careful and be quiet gang.

Just a little quick update. While looking at some lower bud site last week I ended up breaking a stem.....so what to do....a little one week dry and last night a bowl full. The buds were mostly cloudy with a few amber trichs and of course some newly developing clear trichs. I'd classify it as predominately cloudy. Nice heady high comes on, then a get up and do something high followed by a nice get into something kinda high. I can see where this would be a great party high smoke. Made for some relaxing sleep and fantastic dreams.

This Friday will be 8 weeks into flower. Now it is mostly cloudy with a few ambers thrown in for good measure.

I've switched to nothing but straight distilled water. The colas began noticeably putting on some mass this past week. The main probably put on 1/3 width:hubba:

Keeping an eye on those trichs:D

beans559resize.jpg

Looking beautiful, FTC! So sorry to hear about that broken branch.
Can't wait to start following your new 'Tude grow!

mojavemama said:
Looking beautiful, FTC! So sorry to hear about that broken branch.
Can't wait to start following your new 'Tude grow!

Poor little broken branch....she will be good for another buzz tonight as Charlie Brown's Christmas is on TV at 8PM EST:D

Yep, thinking the Kush X gets vegged here shortly.

nice work brutha , especially with cfls they always produce
some very intresting,different grows, hope all goes well and smoke up that bud without hesitation whahhaha

peace

beautiful!
good luck, even though it doesn't look like you need luck at this point!

Wow - beautiful.
I put my first WW into flower yesterday so came here for much needed reading. I'm nervous for her, being my first..... I've got some lowlife auto white russians in paper towels that should be ready for soil in 24+/-.
Keep those updates coming ! Thanks for letting me tag along :).
OHC

First Time Caller said:
Just a little quick update. While looking at some lower bud site last week I ended up breaking a stem.....so what to do....a little one week dry and last night a bowl full. The buds were mostly cloudy with a few amber trichs and of course some newly developing clear trichs. I'd classify it as predominately cloudy. Nice heady high comes on, then a get up and do something high followed by a nice get into something kinda high. I can see where this would be a great party high smoke. Made for some relaxing sleep and fantastic dreams.

This Friday will be 8 weeks into flower. Now it is mostly cloudy with a few ambers thrown in for good measure.

I've switched to nothing but straight distilled water. The colas began noticeably putting on some mass this past week. The main probably put on 1/3 width:hubba:

Keeping an eye on those trichs:D

absolutely stunning picture there mate!!bravo

hello,
thought i'd chime in. I don't have a grow yet, but I read recently, to increase yield switch to 14 hours of light and they will continue to mature. Then at the very end keep your ladies in complete darkness for several days to really bring out the crystal. Oh, amazing grow dude.

Thanks gang. Just a quick note Simo, I actually switched to 400 watt HPS on day 3 or 4 of flower although I am still a fan of CFL's for vegging as they allow you to really keep the lights up close and personnel to your plants which keep them from stretching without need to worry much about heat buildup.

OHC, after reading all the stuff about WW's being sensitive to nutes, I too was nervous about burning the bush. I really only had one issue early on when I had a N deficiency probably brought on by under feeding at the beginning. Other than that, all I did was nute every other watering and only got up to 1/2 strength foxfarm nutes and watered every time until I got runoff. My Ph stayed around 6.8 throughout the grow, temps stayed mid to high 70's under light with lows right around 70f during darkness. Other than that, all I did was go along for the ride and :watchplant:

Chef, the only thing I would do differently next time would be introduce some Tide, Febreze, Mr. Clean then whether lemon, orange although I really considered Meadows & Rain.....decisions, decisions;)

thc & me, yep, I have read that, another decision, decision:) although am probably going to lay off any more watering and let her pull as much as she will from within.

Dang, Charlie Brown sure was fun to watch last night with that ww buzz:hubba:

Probably the next pics posted will be of the harvest. I have a lot of company coming in next week so I need to clean up the grow space. The ambers have come on strong here lately and the high is what I was looking for with this grow. My wife doesn't enjoy a couch lock or freak out at the cat high and she was all about the high from the sacrificial bud. Nice strain of ww.

It's harvest day:yay: Got the table all set up, gram scale at the wait, scraper for finger hash, bag for hash trimmings and hangers ready for drying. Pics and stats to follow......

VERY nice lookin cola there FTC bet thats going to be some killer smoke...congrats on a great job! enjoy your harvest:D

HI,

Congrats on your superb grow bro!

:holysheep:

Onward and dankward from here... Thats a great grow whether it's your first or your 101st grow! :aok: Looks like you have some very nice WW phenos there... Fortunately, you'll have to do some intense research in 2010 to decide on a fave! :hubba: I had a very dank WW pheno I got from a friend of friend as a clone that was a huge yielder but I had to toss her because she hermied on me around week 10. I pulled 7.7 oz off of her in a 10 gal container so it wasn't easy to see her go. I plucked nanners and got her to go about 11 weeks until she was spitting them out faster than I could keep up with them. It was some excellent bud but I think 12 or so weeks would have really let her ripen perfectly. She was all cloudy with the rare amber trich but really energetic and tasty bud.

The one thing I would caution is that you keep a vigilant eye out not only for nanners but also for botrytis/bud rot... I saw you mention switching to distilled or RO water. I've found that sometimes when I really pour on copious amounts of water during the last week of 'flush' before harvest that it can encourage moist conditions to occur within the densest buds and allow bud rot to get started. I've found if I cut back on watering and water more lightly but a bit more frequently it helps keep the moisture inside the buds in check. I'm not saying to let your soil completely dry out but if you're in the habit of really soaking them down back off during the last week or you could see some issues if conditions are right.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Hey thanks gang....although DOS....7.7 oz:eek::holysheep::D

She ended up being 40" tall with a total yield of 506 grams. The 16" main cola came in at 128 grams. I got 72 grams of popcorn buds you can see in the large plastic container on the right hand side of the picture....and one nice little ball of finger hash:hubba:

I am sure had I let her go a little longer, the yield would have been higher but with this being my first grow, I'm big time pleased:D Like you said DOS, I, and my wife, really like the energetic high after letting her go cloudy with a few ambers. The high is exactly what we were hoping for when we started.

Now what to do, I've got 7 more ww plus the 15 beans from attitude just sitting here screaming....plant me, plant me, plant me. I'll think about getting some beans germinating after all the family commitments over Christmas and am planning an outside grow for the spring. Thanks gang for all the help, support and info on my first grow.

I'll post some dry weights and smoke reports....as they become available:D

beans565resize.jpg

beans563resize.jpg

:ciao: long time no see, FTC.
looks real nice for a first grow and only one plant. some sweet look'n smoke ya got out of it.
i'm a little jealous.. lol
see ya at your next journal.

First Time Caller said:
Hey thanks gang....although DOS....7.7 oz:eek::holysheep::D

She ended up being 40" tall with a total yield of 506 grams. The 16" main cola came in at 128 grams. I got 72 grams of popcorn buds you can see in the large plastic container on the right hand side of the picture....and one nice little ball of finger hash:hubba:

I am sure had I let her go a little longer, the yield would have been higher but with this being my first grow, I'm big time pleased:D Like you said DOS, I, and my wife, really like the energetic high after letter her go cloudy with a few ambers. The high is exactly what we were hoping for when we started.

Now what to do, I've got 7 more ww plus the 15 beans from attitude just sitting here screaming....plant me, plant me, plant me. I'll think about getting some beans germinating after all the family commitments over Christmas and am planning an outside grow for the spring. Thanks gang for all the help, support and info on my first grow.

I'll post some dry weights and smoke reports....as they become available:D

HI,

That's a very nice yield and it's all about harvesting when the buzz is where you like it... and how 'bout that finger hash? :hubba: Nothing better to me than a nice bowl of finger hash after a trim session. I'm guessing that you don't have clones from your first grow in veg? Next grow I encourage you to keep a separate small grow space so that you can keep clones from your flowering seedlings in veg while you flower the moms and then you can not only have females ready to go after you harvest but eventually you can have several of the same 'pheno' ready to flower and keep that pheno's genetics in your garden indefinitely imho... There's often one or two phenos (seedlings) of a strain that are more dank or have a shorter more desirable growing characteristic than the others and that's the one you should keep for your WW mom. Sometimes there are more extreme variations within a strain's seedlings, especially crossbred strains and you may find a couple of phenos you'll want to keep moms in your grow for future bloom cyles.

If you haven't played with cloning don't be intimidated... It's a lot easier than it sounds and I remember how much of a mystery it all was to me when I was a newbie grower. :rolleyes: And how after I tried it my thinking was... Is that's all there is to that? I still grow from seed occasionally in search of finding another dank strain to add to my selection but it makes a lot more sense to hang onto those dank genetics than to keep planting from seed and it really makes life in the garden so much easier to predict and control. AWESOME first grow, bud!

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back