First grow ever. =]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this is my first time growing anything in my life and I wanted to make sure I do everything as close to perfect as possible. Therefore I decided it would be a good idea to make a grow journal =]

Well last week I started germinating 9 seeds. Only 5 out of the 9 sprouted within 3-4 days. I dont know what kind of strain the seeds are cause they are just seeds I have picked out of different buds over time. I figured I would experiment my first time with these and buy seeds for my second grow. I planted one of them 4 days ago and the rest 2 days ago. The first one I planted has a yellow spot on the tip of the round leaf. Not sure why but I'll be keeping a close eye on that one. For soil I used Garden Place All Purpose Potting Mix. I noticed that on the package it had no nute ratio so I bought some Jobe's Fert. Spikes (10-10-4). I been reading other threads about the Jobe's spikes and have noticed a lot of people dont like them because you dont have control over the amount of nutes your plant is getting. I may try breaking the spikes down into smaller pieces and put small amounts into one plant and see what effect it has on it. I have them under an MH light on a 16/8 lighting schedule and I keep a small fan blowing on them 24/7. The space that I have for them is pretty small but hopefully I'll be able to get a bigger space by the time they start getting too big for the space.

I will update this journal about once a week, hopefully with better quality pictures.

Any advice or suggestions to making my babies better are greatly appreciated. :D

growspace.jpg

Plant1.jpg

Plant2.jpg

Plant3.jpg

Plant4.jpg

Plant5.jpg

WebCam_20080727_16181.jpg

WebCam_20080727_16182.jpg

What Kind Of Lights Are You Using ??? look at my post "first grow(floros,25 day veg) and you'll see what floros can do. feel free to PM me with any setup questions

PUFF MONKEY said:
What Kind Of Lights Are You Using ??? look at my post "first grow(floros,25 day veg) and you'll see what floros can do. feel free to PM me with any setup questions

Im using a metal halide light. I was going to use flourescents but I read that metal halides are brighter.

go look at my thread ......all floros(12 of them).no heat ,low energy use,long lasting bulbs and low cost

looks good so far Ms., is that a guard bear bungied to the wall?
puff

puffnstuff said:
looks good so far Ms., is that a guard bear bungied to the wall?
puff

Thanks! Yup, my Kung Fu Panda ready to kick some intruder's sorry behind. :p

looks mighty viscious, I'll just look and keep my hands to myself.
puff

So its almost been 2 weeks since I planted my seeds and everything is coming along quite nicely except for one plant which seems to be the only one that hasnt grown much and I seem to have a bit of a pest problem. I've been seeing what looks like small white centipedes or something like that crawling around in my soil. Any suggestions on a good pesticide?

Unfortunately my mother found my plants and told me to throw them out, which I absolutely refuse to do. She also took my MH light so I lost about 2 days of light because my boyfriend couldnt get me his floros any sooner. So I moved my plants into my room and made a new secret space for them (behind my treadmill lol).

Anyway pics taken today.

DSCF0478.JPG

DSCF0479.JPG

DSCF0480.JPG

DSCF0481.JPG

DSCF0483.JPG

DSCF0484.JPG

Look Real Nice !!
Looks Like Your Off To A Good Start!!
Good Luck With Your Grow!!

Alrighty. So far Im happy with how my remaining plants are looking. One of my plants died over the last week so I have three left. I have my floros on 24/7 now and everything seems to be going pretty well for now. i noticed some things growing in between the stems and wasnt sure if it was just more leaves or if my plants are already showing sex so I took some picks for anyone's input. On Wednesday they will be 3 weeks old so I wasnt sure if it was too early for them to be showing sex. Well take a look yourself and let me know what you think and sorry if they are a little blurry, my camera doesnt do too well with close ups.

DSCF0782.JPG

DSCF0786.JPG

DSCF0787.JPG

DSCF0791.JPG

DSCF0794.JPG

DSCF0784.JPG

Hey jievil, what you seen in between the little branches are new branches and leaves. Fluros have way less heat and can get super close like 1" from the plants. IMO MH's are too bright and hot for seedlings, but you'll be ok if it's far away. never let the plant tops reach over 80 dg Farht.

420FREEDOM said:
Hey jievil, what you seen in between the little branches are new branches and leaves. Fluros have way less heat and can get super close like 1" from the plants. IMO MH's are too bright and hot for seedlings, but you'll be ok if it's far away. never let the plant tops reach over 80 dg Farht.

Thats what I thought at first but then I started rethinking. So thanks for letting me know what was going on lol.

Ok so my plants are doing fine so far. =] But I have to replant them into bigger pots over the weekend. The roots started showing out of the drainage holes of the pots they are in now. Any tips on good soil to replant them inand advice on how to do it the right way so I dont kill my plants? lol Many thank in advance. =]

i like promix... use fox farms (sea stuff forget what they call it) as addition nuitrition. bcuzz has good stuff if you cant get promix i pay less than 30 dollars for large bags of either whatever you get make sure it has plenty of pearlite as that retains moisture. trans plant is easy turn upside down put in new pot fill in the rest with dirt. i would also make sure to keep the plane as high in the pot as you can giving your roots plenty of room to grow.

I agree with 420freedom, fluoros for the little people

hallide for the teens and adults

hps for the golden bloomers

I havent repotted them yet but I just decided to just put new pics up. I posted a thread a couple of days ago asking for the difference between sativa and indica plants soooooo I think I have 1 indica and 2 sativas but I cant really tell on one of them. Take a look and give me your input por favor. :D

DSCF1106.JPG

DSCF1107.JPG

DSCF1108.JPG

DSCF1109.JPG

DSCF1110.JPG

DSCF1111.JPG

DSCF1112.JPG

I just checked on my plants and there are roots coming through the top of the soil. They havent gotten much bigger either. Could the problem be that they need to be repotted and have more room to grow? I know that I need to do it but I havent had the chance. Once they are repotted will the roots grow the right?

Hi Ms Jievill I Must say ur plants are looking nice and healthy and a loveeely Greeen If the root's are coming out the top they definatly need re-potting you don't want the root's getting too hot and botherd all the way up there.....Once you re-pot it may slow growth for a little but as long as you put them in a good mix of soil they should adjust to that in no time :)

They need to be in giant pots :) , 3 gal or better i'd say -- very nice though jievil

Latest posts

Back