first grow journal/2nd grow in hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigb

Reaction score
these are 6 clones(first time cloning) 100% succes
from 3 different plants i had got as clones from a friend(he called them ecko) but cant seem to find any info on such a strain.

the setup: drip system
10 gal res.
two airstones in res.
using 6x6 rocwool cubes
3 part gh nutes with booster
using cfls for lighting
fan to push air around
ph stays between 5.4-5.9

the last three pics of of the moms but in the first pic i didnt take any cuttings from the plant in the back middle.

thanks for droppin in and lookin. questions,comments, concerns dont hesitate to ask.

is the reservoir directly underneath or is that it down towards the floor in first pic?
Nice setup.

Gb

yes the res is directly underneath in fisrt pic. the white fan is actually sitting on top of the res. i drilled a drain hole and put rubber house from drain hole into res.

the setup is strictly experimental if these clones go good ill keep setup. i did it like this because of the little amount of room i have in that closet compared to the other closet in my room which is where i have an ebb & flo setup(works great).

here are a few pics of res. and the last pic will show you how wide the tray is

was thinking about buying that same tray it looks perfect for autos

its good for tight spaces or a window sill, im only using it for vegging purposes and the 6x6 rocwool cubes fit perfect.
thanks for stoppin by.

That is cool setup.
I've got rockwool for my project, too.
I got plugs, too.

Gb

nice! i hope all go's well for your grow.

so i was lookin at my girls closely and noticed these little brown spots so i took out the mag glass and noticed they were moving around so i killed all i seen with my fingers and even cut some of the leaves off i found them on.
im going to guess and say their spider mites. since i caught them at such an early stage would it be difficult to get rid of them?
what would be an effiecent way of getting rid of them?

its been about 7-8 days this is week 2 from clone(first sign of rooting)
their doing good i uped the nutes just a little bit, but ended up putting the runt of the group into flowering room (as i dont want anymore clones from her) and also to make room for the new addition to the family, i got 3 grandaddy purp clones lastnight. that i need to put in bigger cubes i am going to vegg 1 of them for 4 weeks then put into flower and than i will vegg the other 2 for 2 weeks longer and take clones from them.
enough typing heres some pics.

Thanks!
We'll need it.
It looks like yours are growing along.
I might be looking at a setup like that.

Gb

GeezerBudd said:
Thanks!
We'll need it.
It looks like yours are growing along.
I might be looking at a setup like that.

Gb

the setup cost like $75, grand total

their going good and growin fast. i thought i would be able to vegg in those cubes until my others were done but i dunno now. i think my plants got another 3 weeks but not sure.
due to the fact that they had been put into flowering for about 2 weeks befrore i got them, then i put them on 24/0 lighting for 2 1/2 weeks. but as soon as i put them back in flower the next day they were showing sex again and by day 3 had little flowers.
so i am not sure if they even went back into vegg mode.

and if they didnt this would be week 8 of flowring which means their almost done right?

bigb said:
the setup cost like 75 grand total

their going good and growin fast. i thought i would be able to vegg in those cubes until my others were done but i dunno now. i think my plants got another 3 weeks but not sure.
due to the fact that they had been put into flowering for about 2 weeks befrore i got them, then i put them on 24/0 lighting for 2 1/2 weeks. but as soon as i put them back in flower the next day they were showing sex again and by day 3 had little flowers.
so i am not sure if they even went back into vegg mode.

and if they didnt this would be week 8 of flowring which means their almost done right?

If you put them back into flower 6 weeks ago you would have 8 weeks of flowering.If I am reading this right.
The 2-1/2 weeks you had them on 24/0 would stop the flowering.
I would take a look at the trich formation and see how far it is.
This only speculation on my part, but I would say they need a little longer since the flowering stage was interrupted.

Yes, I would like a tray setup like that.Would work great for clones.
Gb

hows it goin, ive been lookin at trichs for about a week but im using that cheap radio shack microscope and it dont work to well but wut i see is blury its mostly milky some amber.
I also ordered a usb digital micrscope should be here in two days so im just going to wait for that. all post pics.

hey its been a little while so i thought i would update on how things are goin.
i put all but 1 plant into flowering each plant about a week and a half apart. all plants were 13-15 inches tall.
the flowewring setup:
ebb&flo
same nutes(diff strength)also using floralicious boom booster
400hps/2cfl bulbs hanging at bottom of plants
20 gal res
15 gal tray
if anything else about setup just ask
im going to post pics an about an hour when the lights turn on.
thanks for stoppin by

ok pics r here
their r 4 plants total

so ive been kinda slackin on this journal thing. so here it goes, the 3 gdp i got are doing well i topped 1 and did nothing to the other 2
the one i topped is 6 inches, the other 2 are 10 inches.
i know i said id let one veg for a month and put into flowering. but than i decided to let the other plants grow more before i put into flowering. so i have about 6 weeks left of vegg for the gdp.
i have also taken 5 clones from the ecko plants as well but will end up donating all but 1 to keep for clones in summer time.
here are some pics

hey everyone just bored hows the day been so far

here are some more pics.
and i have also taken 5 clones of the gdp, i will post the results of that in about 10 days.

and here is a little preview of what the next grow will be, im going to be getting mango, white lightning, aurora and of course some gdp will also be involved. ill post when i get the seeds

100_1640.JPG

100_1643.JPG

100_1647.JPG

100_1652.JPG

100_1653.JPG

100_1654.JPG

100_1657.JPG

100_1661.JPG

100_1662.JPG

100_1663.JPG

ok so i kinda have some bad news, i found these green/redish bugs in my hydroton in the vegg room 2 days ago that were growing up 2 be these little nats(i had 3 gdp and 1 unknown strain).
so when i took one of the plants out of the hydroton the roots were infested by them.
so guess what i did...thats right killed all 4 plants.
but like a smart guy i took clones(15 gdp, 2 of unknown)
here are the pics of all the clones ill let know when these root
here are the pics

100_1673.JPG

100_1667.JPG

100_1672.JPG

Latest posts

Back