First Grow - WW, SS and mystery seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Lead

Reaction score
Finally got around to doin this journal. Come down this road with me, fellow pot heads.

Firstly, set-up:
home-built cabinet H: 65", W: 55", D: 36"
Lined with Mylar
Fan blowing constantly
400W MH light from HTG (will replace with HPS when flowering)
MG continuos feed soil (I know... next grow will be with Fox Farms)
24/7 light right now (not sure when to start 18/6...)
Sprouted through soil last saturday (10.6.07)
Germinated wet paper towels. 14/15 success so far. (not AT ALL what I was expecting)
5 white widows, 5 Super Skunks, and 4 mystery plants

Pics as follows. Any advise, tips, pointers, criticism greatly appreciated.

Set-up - WW - WW

grow1.jpg

WW1.jpg

WW2.jpg

more pics.
SS - Mystery plant

Oh also wanted to mention using diluted 8-7-6 nutes on the SS and mystery plants every other watering. Watering the plants every other day or so. Light is currently 16" above plants. (too high, too low??)

Thanks!

SS1.jpg

MM1.jpg

nice setupyou got youself. keep them ladies happy and they will make you happy. I ordered a light from HTG i got it preety quick mine is a T5 ima get an HPS here in a couple of months or so. Hope your grow goes good. good luck

u got an indica, a sativa and hybrid of some kind. thats good for variety but u'll find out in the later part of the grow that ur indica is gonna flower way faster and way before ur sativa, now the hybrid will vary on what exactly its breed with. if u get lucky it'll be a 9 week strain but ur full sativa, is gonna take at least that if not 10-12.

as far as ur light goes if u feel heat from ur light with ur hand over top of ur plants its probly too close. u want it to give it light not cook it. and all depending on what the sexs turn out to be ur gonna need alot more room and more light if u plan on keeping all of those plants.

another thing to keep in mind is the size of the plants and containers

once they flower they will almost triple in size so keep that in mind during veg, u let them get to tall and u won't have room when they've been flowering for about 4-5 weeks. a good way to control that is container size
i use 3 gallon pots to keep plants under 4 ft. and a combo of lst and pinching to keep them under 3ft. but my space is limited as well as outside.

u gotta good start and alot of time ahead of u, patience is the key along with some TLC. good luck.

Fire it up

KT

ktownlegend said:
u got an indica, a sativa
is the indica the WW? I really don't know... and I had a feeling one would be veggin longer than the other one... dammmmit.

its in the leafs not the strain to me, i dont get the opportunity to grow strains, i have bagseeds. wide shorter leafs=indica long skinny=sativa
a mix between wide and long or short and skinny = hybrid

you can veg them the same amount of time, but the flower period will be either longer or shorter than one another.Now, one thing that i didnt notice waz the width to maximize the space you have when they get big enough for transplant, get square pots or grow bags. they use much less space then the round pots. And another thing you can leave the lights on 24/7 untill you are ready to flower 12/12.

I believe they're in 1 gallon pots right now. they're 10" accross and 9" deep. The pots are big. I didn't want to mess with transplanting so I started them in large ones...

you might still have to transplant them depending on how big you feg them, so the roots can have lots of room for flower. but you may be fine.

just started my first also. i can tell you this from my exp so far. go with 24/7 photo period, watch your ph, temp, humidity, and a mix of 1/2 GOOD potting soil {i used Hyponex} 1/4 pelite and 1/4 aquarium gravel. mine are 1 mo 1 wk today and they're already at just over a foot. For now I gotta go cf so I have t8's all around them with a gro light and cool white combo on top. 12 floro's in all. can't wait to get a good 1000 mh and hps but this seems to be working fine now. lots of air movement also......lots. my main stem is strong like a mother, some direct airflow at all times. using Mother Earth Tea hydro product. Gonna continue to veg till i get the good light. Damn rambled didn't i ? ok wellvgood luck my friend and if you hear of a wat to sex without flowering lemme know

OK. So I got bigger pots. 3 gallon. And a crap load of Fox Farms Organic soil AND a 600W light. Jeepers.

Put the light in too low and cooked the babies. They got PISSED. Curled leaves, the whole bit. THEN the next day transplanted in bigger pots with Fox Farms and they're in recovery mode. And then there's about 2 SS who just refuse to grow at all... failure to thrive so some such...

HOWEVER, they're still angry and there's some spots on them. Even the WWs which I've NEVER nuted. Is it from the prior said baking or getting adjusted to new soil? Please advise, friends.

Pics.
WW, WW, and a very sad Super Skunk

plants1.jpg

plants2.jpg

plants3.jpg

Hey - Miss Lead.

Any updates on this grow, or did they give out on ya?

ha! this is the 'old' journal. I have a newer one around here somewhere....

been 2 weeks since an update.

so... lessee... we're almost 5 weeks into flowering. switched the lights around so the smaller 400w MH is over the shrub and the 600w HPS is over the others. The buds were cooking AND THAT AIN'T COOL.

pics.

holy poo, I updated the old jounral.. oh well - same grow...

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back