first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raoulduke2.0

Norse God of Herbs
Reaction score
This is my baby. She's the only survivor of a litter of 5. Bad tap water, masculinity, and falling cfl's claimed the lives of it's brethren. This one from the beginning was invincible. Is this plant large enough to get a decent yield or did I top it too early. Can any of you vets give me any info on it's likeness to any strain or whether it is a true sativa?

Photo0029.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

looks great duke.. I'm thinking more indica than sat'.. but thats abou it.. :)

I initially thought it was sativa in contrast to a true indica plant it grew alongside. The leaves were shaped differently and it was genuinely stockier and more christmas tree like. This one is rather lanky although the pictures portay a more bushy plant. I notice the circumference of the buds in a lot of the pictures i look at around the site are rather thick. I can't help but think the starting buds are rather small, and I worry about how much of the tops will actually be taken up with bud space. Is there a resource on the development of marijuana flowers? I want to see how they form and I'd be interested to speculate on how my non supercropped plant could have benefitted from a little HST.

raoulduke2.0 said:
This is my baby. She's the only survivor of a litter of 5. Bad tap water, masculinity, and falling cfl's claimed the lives of it's brethren. This one from the beginning was invincible. Is this plant large enough to get a decent yield or did I top it too early. Can any of you vets give me any info on it's likeness to any strain or whether it is a true sativa?
dosent look like a pure sativa to me:hubba::hubba::hubba:

raoulduke2.0 said:
This is my baby. She's the only survivor of a litter of 5. Bad tap water, masculinity, and falling cfl's claimed the lives of it's brethren.

When you say bad tap water, what did you mean? Was the PH too high or too low? Did the tap water lock out nutrients? Did you just get the water from the faucet and watered your plants with it? Or did you let it sit for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate?

raoulduke2.0 said:
I initially thought it was sativa in contrast to a true indica plant it grew alongside. The leaves were shaped differently and it was genuinely stockier and more christmas tree like. This one is rather lanky although the pictures portay a more bushy plant. I notice the circumference of the buds in a lot of the pictures i look at around the site are rather thick. I can't help but think the starting buds are rather small, and I worry about how much of the tops will actually be taken up with bud space. Is there a resource on the development of marijuana flowers? I want to see how they form and I'd be interested to speculate on how my non supercropped plant could have benefitted from a little HST.

Bud size is mostly determined by strain and light quality/quantity. What kind of light are you using? CFLs and other fluoros will generally produce smaller airier buds.

You plant looks good and IMO you will get a nice yeild off of her. :D

cuy103 said:
When you say bad tap water, what did you mean? Was the PH too high or too low? Did the tap water lock out nutrients? Did you just get the water from the faucet and watered your plants with it? Or did you let it sit for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate?

I did not do these things or worry about these things initially. Now I distill my tap water and test ph.

[quote-cuy103]Bud size is mostly determined by strain and light quality/quantity. What kind of light are you using? CFLs and other fluoros will generally produce smaller airier buds.[/quote]

150 watt hps with supplemental fluoro's.

Latest posts

Back