First grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little advice, when their that small and it's time to water just "sprinkle" some PH adjusted water over them. Most 1st timers like to soak their plants/soil. But all seedlings need is moist not wet soil to thrive in. Letting your soil dry out between waterings will benifit the plant by allowing oxygen to reach the root zone. If you keep the soil moist then it takes less time for it to dry out, as the soil drys out it releases oxygen to the root zone(this is a good thing). But if the soil is "wet" then it takes longer to dry out, thus smuthering the plants ability to receive oxygen to the roots resulting in slower growth and added stress to the plant. Just a friendly tip to pass on...take care..

I follow the letting the whole top dry before watering thing. I had just watered them before taking those pics earlier today, hints the wet soil.

following that, I have to water once every 4-5 days. sound about right?

what do you guys think?

exactly 20 days from seeds in a baggie.

on track? too slow? I'm lucky?

I think my light setup has the stretch eliminated, they aren't bushy, but very nice and thick stems and not leaning any. I still want to add 2 more of the same CFL bulbs. cant hurt right?

this is fun. :D hahaha :bongin:

5_21_2009 10_11 PM_0001.jpg

5_21_2009 10_10 PM_0001.jpg

Sounds like you are on you way..heres some MOJO for the little ones..Nice and green..take care and be safe my friend:bolt::bong:

Okay, well 3 days ago I started my 12/12 cycle, as they are all close or above 12 inches. (may not be the best indicator, but I started either way)

either its timing, or flowering has sparked this change.

I say that because I realized the translucent containers with the 2 that are showing the signs was a horrible idea. And maybe just catching up now that I can see roots on the edges of the containers.

They are covered now, so the roots wont get light, and maybe problem solved.

But if not, is this normal when flowering? I've read that some fan leaves will wither or even die off, and water consumption increases. true?

the water thing definitely seems to be. I usually water every 4 days, as thats when the top soil starts to show some crisp. But it happened what seems like over night!

2 days into the flower, I water, next day, holy whoa. dried a good 3/4 into soil.

anyhow, pictures. lol.

I'm hoping these little changes don't mean all my time is up in smoke and they die. :fid:

one pic is one of my healthy girls from above, the other 2 show each of the ones that were in clear containers and are wilted/drooping.

2_18_2007 9_54 PM_0001.jpg

2_18_2007 9_54 PM_00011.jpg

2_18_2007 9_54 PM_000111.jpg

hello my friend...glad to hear you covered the containers from light hitting the roots..that second pic sure looks over watered..and i forgot the lights u r useing so im not sure if 4-5 days is what it takes for the soil to dry out completely..not just the top okay?..here is what i would do...dont water anymore..everyday pic up plant..when plant is very light and i meen very light..water the next cycle..this could take 2 weeks depending on the heat and lights you useing..and when you feed..i let my soils dry two days then feed..so they eat all they food:D...and when water dont dibble splash or tinkle them:giggle: saturate the soil..you figure what they can get..i know my 3 gallon containers take 3 litlers of water..this allows a little run off..but the soil is saturated..well good luck hope this helps..ill check in again when i can..if ya need..send a pm ok:ciao::bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back