First Indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KingKahuuna said:
Headband,
I want some of what your smoking dude, cause your post to me said, "This is some cerebral lock", LOL

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i said that??

No-No Dude,
I was just messing with ya bro.
smoke in peace
kingKahuuna

gosh does you setup look prime. If i where to keep growing, a srubber and stealth room like yours would be my design..

Had a strong odor problem,
I could really smell my grow in the garage this morning, Man did I get a case of the paranoid going, but a hoober, and thinking it through led me to a small tear in the 4 inch duct tube, and the fans were just forcing the unfiltered air out into the general area, It's all almost cleared up now , and I think maybe another hour, and all will be back to smelling like a garage should. Oil, gas, lawn mower, etc, etc.
Here are the pics taken maybe a half hour ago. Babies are now 35 days old to my best reckoning, but still no sign of sex, and they are still being lit 24/7.
grow M.JPGgrow N.JPGgrow K.JPGgrow F.JPGGROW 1.JPGgrow H.JPG
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

grow H.JPG

GROW 1.JPG

grow F.JPG

grow K.JPG

grow N.JPG

grow M.JPG

Very nice KK, glad to sse the progress and things going well. You might have to clone, or put the plant in 12/12 cycle I think if you had autoflower it would have happend. So what are you plans to find out sex? GJ keep it up.

Thanks
SALT

Outstanding on finding that tear. I bet a huge load got lifted from the shoulders eh KK? :)

Yeah, I can say honestly that words cannot begin to express the relax over it, and a hoober went a long ways towards chillun it out a touch ya know ?
I double checked the age and I was right, they sprouted 35 days ago, so they are only 5 weeks old. A plant should start to show sex between 6 to eight weeks. At least that is what my mentors tell me. I'm going to let time just drift by as they are vegging nicely.
I noticed something on a couple of the leaves though. It feels crusty and is a light yellowish color, as though someone smeared, or dripped something on the leaves. The leaf in that spot is also dried and crusty and just crumbles away, Hmmmmm never have seen this before. Wonder if it is some insect droppings that got smeared ? really weird. I try to post a pic of it so maybe one of our esteemed growers here can try to figuere it out.

smoke in peace
kingKahuuna

i really like the way those plants look man, the thin leaves are beautiful.

easy bro!! Just read through your GJ and man sorry to hear bout the trouble with the gnats. I can't believe MG didn't give a ****...customer service for you eh :rolleyes:

Anyways good to see you giving the old indoor a good try! Lovin the carbon filter..saved the link to DL's thread so I can have a good look if and when i get the chance to do a decent sized grow :)

Plants lookin good, from what I can see they look pretty sativa dom. lookin nice a green tho! You still plannin on changin over to HPS for flowering?

Anyways i'm off for a doobie :D keep it green man :)

I am starting to wonder,
The lights are grow tubes that I used to flower my plants, and give good light to my epiphites, as well as my ferns and african violets, and cimbidiums.
They are full spectrum and not cheap. The more I have read up on using them also for flowering the more I am convinced that they will work fine for my small setup. The buds lower down might be a touch looser than normal, but the buds higher up should be tight. This is from not enough light getting down into the growth, but I am pinching carefully, and keeping it opened up for good light penetration. The lights are well spread out since there are six of them, and that provides a real nice lighting canopy that actually measures out like a good sized rectangle of light. It measures 42 " long X 27 " wide. That is a good light spread.
So I might give the first round of flowering to the grow tubes, maybe !!
I will see how it goes, live and learn.

smoke in peace
Kingkahuuna

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Yea actually that sounds pretty decent, it would be great to see what sort of yield can be achieved by those lights. I like it. Bet those are relatively cheap to run too?

Have some more Green Mojo to help them along the way :D

Peace

KingKahuuna said:
I noticed something on a couple of the leaves though. It feels crusty and is a light yellowish color, as though someone smeared, or dripped something on the leaves. The leaf in that spot is also dried and crusty and just crumbles away, Hmmmmm never have seen this before. Wonder if it is some insect droppings that got smeared ? really weird. I try to post a pic of it so maybe one of our esteemed growers here can try to figuere it out.

Forgot to say, I have a similar problem at the moment with my easy sativa, am not sure at all what it could be. How are they lookin today?

I can't believe u had such a stinky at just 2 weeks! boy thats gonna be a stench when it grows up!

I took the fan that is inside the box,
you can see it in a pic or two, and I relocated it to blow the air around the inside of the box, but not directly on the plants any more as they are stalk strong now, and the smell seriously tapered off. I opened the box this morning , and could barely notice it. I know Skunk will do that. If you leave Skunk alone it will smell, but not real bad untill you rustle the leaves , or start handling the plant, then it's like, all you know what, breaks out as far as smell, and I mean pee-u, but it is a good smell just super strong. So since no more rustling of my plant from the fan, very little smell. Yayyyyyy , I feel stealthy again.
yeah the tubes are 40 Watt each X 6 plus ballast X 3 two tubes per unit. From a monetary point of view, yeah I save a little, but compared to what ?
A 250 Watt Hps would draw almost the identical amount of electricity and would serve me even better for it's light penetration. So it's all relative.
I'm going for a 400 Watt HPS inhanced with the blue and the red. I figuere that should do me very well . I might even find a good way to use them all in combo.
I think that the stuff on the leaves is a reaction by the plant to a bit too much in the way of ferts since the MG soil is the 3 month feed stuff. I'm also watching for nute lockout as I heard that this can happen when you over treat for fungus gnats. The very end of some of the leaves are slightly burnt so I'm leaning towards over fert, and the need to flush occasionally to keep the salts washed out as best I can. It should all be ok when I move into flowering and the plants start demanding more nutes. It's all good.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Hi guys,
It would appear that I have found the problem that I have discovered on my leaves. After tons of reading I have come to the conclusion that the MG 3month feed moisture control potting soil is causing a slight case of over fert.
This is apparently a common complaint against the MG potting soil, However on the bright side, when I begin the flowering cycle then it will probably work just great.

SIDE NOTE, with a WARNING; If you are using MG pre-fert potting soil with moisture control;

Do not try to flush your soil as all you will succeed in doing is releasing more nutes, and thus you will get more burn. Instead try to allow your soil to dry as much as you can without harming your grow. I shoved my moisture probe all the way to the bottom of my containers, and found plenty of moisture, not wet, but still plenty moist for my plants, so I backed off the watering a lot and found that I can get the burn to ease it up a lot.
Take a careful look at your babies, and if any leaves show more than 50% percent damage then you need to carefully prune away the damaged leaf.
Here are a couple of pics taken just a few minutes ago, no sign of sex yet, and I am at day 38, so I am hopeful that they will talk to me soon.my1.JPGmy2.JPGmy4.JPGmy7.JPG

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

my1.JPG

my2.JPG

my4.JPG

my7.JPG

looks great, can't believe they stink so bad this early. nice and clean and all

Look'n real sharp, man :cool:

what kind are those?... they look totally more like my ULT & SALTROCK's Spaceship than my Skunk... just thinking outloud...

look'n real nice, King... gunna grow 'em nice and big like mine? :hubba: - do it, do it, do it... :D ;)

lookin good bro! Hope to see signs of sex coming soon :)

KK looks good glad to see things are under control. I do to hope you find the sex of your plants, should be coming soon if what your mentors say is true.`GL with your grow.

Thanks
SALT

My grow is around two feet tall,
I have been waiting for awhile, but no signs of sex yet. I see stipules at almost all of the nodes now. I'm trying to decide if I should risk hermies or continue to wait in a veg sorta way. They are at day 42 now, and I'm going nuts waiting. Here are some pics taken 1/2 hour ago. Anyone giving camera lessons in here ?
tall 1.jpgtall 2.jpg
ps. Look in the second pic (on the right) and then in that pic look in the upper left corner, are those just more leaves starting or am I seeing something else ? LOL I just saw that when I posted this.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

tall 1.jpg

tall 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back