first light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick

Reaction score
hey guys what type of light shoul i get i mean brend im still trying to decide if ill get 1 1k or 1 6oowatt lamps but what kind have u guysgotten good results with lamp brand and reflector type thanks guys i really appreciate it thanks again.. by the way can u guys recomend a store online to get them from?

slick said:
hey guys what type of light shoul i get i mean brend im still trying to decide if ill get 1 1k or 1 6oowatt lamps but what kind have u guysgotten good results with lamp brand and reflector type thanks guys i really appreciate it thanks again.. by the way can u guys recomend a store online to get them from?
IMHO the bigger the light the better the grow so i would go with the 1000 watt hps. Here is a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/1000w-HPS-GROW-LIGHT-1-000-watt-1000-w-REFLECTOR-HOOD_W0QQitemZ180064239602QQcategoryZ42225QQcmdZViewItem

take a look at www.discount-hydro.com or search google for 'discount hydroponics'... you will see some real nice deals.

I have just ordere a 1000W HPS, but, in hindsight, I believe that i should have gone for a 600W as these seem to be more cost effective.

Whichever light you get, just make sure you can keep the temperatures in check with proper ventilation/fans, etc... I got a great deal on a 400w HPS with a vented reflector from High Tech Garden Supply at http://www.htgsupply.com. The vented reflector REALLY keeps the temps down. You do have to buy the flanges separately, though. OTOH, it does come with a nice mechanical timer.

Oh, I think the e-Bay link TBG gave you is also to High Tech Garden. Compare both. When I got mine, it was about $25 cheaper buying directly from their store because the cost of the light was slightly lower and shipping charges were quite a bit lower. Like I said, compare their e-Bay listings and their online store and see which gives you the best price. They are good to deal with. When I got my light, they forgot to send the timer. All it took was a quick e-mail from me and they apologized and shot it right out.

slick said:

Alot of this depends on your grow space. You might be better off buying 2 or 3 250 watt lights instead of one 1000 watt light. This way you have more points of light and you can spread it out in your grow space more evenly. Good luck to you.

your light wattage that you can put in your space is really determined by how big it is like the yorker said.Otherwise you will have to run a cool tube setup and some major blowers to kick out the heat if you try to cram too much wattage into too small a space.

Give us the dimensions of your grow area and we'll shoot you some suggestions.

Latest posts

Back