First Question, new to site.. germination is done now into soil lights on 24/24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSTON BAKED BEAN

I have lots to learn!!!!!
Reaction score
After seedlingd split and I put into soil,, do I run the lights from now own even though they have not broke surace of soil... hace three cfl,s= about 6000 lumms in mirriored closet am getting a met hal lamp for flowering but am i goo so far
kris

BOSTON BAKED BEAN said:
After seedlingd split and I put into soil,, do I run the lights from now own even though they have not broke surace of soil... hace three cfl,s= about 6000 lumms in mirriored closet am getting a met hal lamp for flowering but am i goo so far
kris

welcome to MP..
keep the light on.. ... you should get an HPS for flowering.. MH is veg.. even then i still use the HPS for veg.. more lumens less heat..
so hope that helps
LH

BOSTON BAKED BEAN said:
kris

Yeah I keep my cfl's on while they are under the soil making their way to the top...and like LH said HPS is a lot better for flowering...MH is used for vegging...I use cfl's while they are small and then they go right under the HPS when they are a bit bigger and can handle the strong light....and get rid of the mirrors...either paint the walls flat white or get some Mylar or panda film...from what I hve heard mirrors actually absorb some of the light...

I do like Hamster does. I run CFL's 18/6 though. I use HPS after they are so big and the rest of the way through.
Keep it Green!
:)
Gb

Welcome bbb! Good first question. Keep thinking and asking away. You will get more answers if you post a pic now and then. It's true, lol We are bud pic ho's

Hamster is right the mirrors will absorb the light, rather than reflect them. Like he said, either use flat white paint, mylar, foylon, or panda film...get rid of the mirrors.

Welcome,
Like Hamster said, get tid of the mirrors. Flat white paint is the best bang for the buck. Keep the bulbs as close as possible to your plants.
Keep readin and askin

This Site Rocks :headbang2:

Best Wishes
"P"

Latest posts

Back