first time dro got some quest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr pyro

member #123456789
Reaction score
i"m about to set up a hydro setup in the next month or so.i have all the necessary nutes,meters, and ebb flo setup( the one with the 55 gal drum).i ve read about nutes and strengths to use and approx tds parimeters but i'm not to clear as far as to maintaining them. when running this setup should the level of ppms be maintained at that level all week till the 7th day when i make new water. or do you mix the approx ppms and just let it run all week.i know ph is a must a 5.5 all the time.just alittle cloudy on the nute part.i don't wanna burn the crap out of them.any help or links would be appreciated. i searched this site but couldn't find any specific answers to my questions

Always start very low on the nutes, like 1/4 strength max. As far as making new water? Just keep topping your res off as the plants transpire and lower the level. I never change my water and I have tried it both ways (changing all the time). As long as you keep a healthy environment (no light in the reservoir, use hydroguard, etc.), you don't need to change it. Same strain, same amount at harvest whether I changed water or not. Plus it is a pain in the rear to haul the ro water upstairs all the time. Letting the ph fluctuate is key. Moving from 5.4 to 6.3 or so is actually good. The 13 or so essential elements instrumental for plant growth are taken up by plants at different rates depending on ph. Therefore, all the elements will be taken up correctly if the the ph moves around a little. It really is critical to let it move around and I think a lot of people get anal trying to keep it at one level which causes a particular nute deficiency. Someone on here has a chart that they post that shows this nute take up vs. ph.

so lets say 1/4 strength is 300 ppm i must maintain that 300 for that week then bump it up alittle say 400 or 500 the weeek after and that week maintain the 400. is my tds gonna be all over after the first cycle of fill and drain

Latest posts

Back