First timer and got the bug - BIG TIME!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick Rebel

Reaction score
I am a 39 year old Scots lad and a first time grower. I am growing buddha cheese in bubbling pots running a 1000w hps air-cooled supanova in a small space. Have just bought another fan as the temp inside the growroom is tropical!!! Any advice to cool it down - apart from getting a smaller light!? Hoping to move to a bigger chamber adding Co2 for a larger yield.

can't say noth'n cuz I don't understand yer setup, but welcome non-the-less.

can u take pics?... and a MUCH BETTER description of room setup is required...

for instance... is my arrangement of plants for my particular light setup ok u think? - I have a 1000W red spectrum MH in my flower area...

see what I mean?

hello and welcome to mp ,,,,and yeah pics are good as they speak a thousand words :giggle:

you said you have a fan n there..what kind of exhaust do you have?..you wll need fresh air coming in at bottom and exhaust removeing air and heat from the top...you sad you have an air cool reflector..do you have it hooked up to vent outside of room?..More info would help..I tried the best I could with what I was given...thats a nice light for flower..are you useing it to veg too?..what size s your area?..KEEP M GREEN

So Sorry my friend...Welcome the greatest site to learn how to grow Canabis...enjoy the ste and hope to see you around the boards..remember to read up on the site rules..and KEEP M GREEN

06072008006.jpg

06072008007.jpg

06072008008.jpg

06072008014.jpg

These are pictures of the chamber. I am running an 8 inch lti fan for cooling the supanova, it intakes from a vent, blows through the light and into the chamber. I have just added a 6 inch lti fan which is sucking in fresh air from a cavity into the chamber. For veg and flowering I am using the 1000w hps. There are also three oscillitating fans in here. The chamber size is 1200 mm sq by 2400 mm in height. I am feeding them ionic boost and bloom with bud blood. The CF level is 2.0. The humidity fluctuates from 40 up to 60. My plan is to move into a bigger chamber, this first experience is very much trial and error. Thanks for the welcome and replies!

hey up scots lad your problem is now solved man.

1. if you ballast is in the room then move it outside.

2. just ditch the venting of light into room and vent out of room.

3. use the 6" inline fan for pulling air out of the room with some passive venting-aka hole in the wall.

4. if this isnt sufficient then swap around the 8" and the 6" inlines and the problem should sort itself out.

any probs just ask bigman

lol

ps you would be fine with a 400w hps for that room size as the lightspread/footprint for a 400w is 1sq meter a 600w 1.5 sq meter and a 1000w is like 2sq meters so in effect what your doing is overkill bigtime.

pkj

That was ma plan to start with to take exhaust from light out thro ceiling,just thought that with intake thro light was comin from outside would keep chamber cool too guesss not!!!!

As for ballast it has too be in the chamber, never gave heat from it much thought tbh, will keep that in mind on building new chamber.

As with the light situation im hoping to move onto a 8 pot hydro setup and didnt wanna upgrade lights an stuff. So at the moment im using 1000w red hps for flowering in that wee (small) chamber, 250 blue envrio light for veg!! not sure wot s best light for clones

Well thats my introduction

Latest posts

Back