Fishing!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
city said:
and some good old sea food rub

City what "sea food rub" you talking about...what is it's name, always lookin' for something to put on fish. We mostly eat bass tho. Husband cooks the fish here, and mostly they get "Jane's Crazy Salt". Or Beer Batter, trying to cut back on that.

Went out on a lake I drive by regular and fished it last Friday. I got two bites, husband got two bites. Fishing was tough, seems I was changing bait a lot and getting sun block on mostly. The day was outstanding tho. Forgot the Camera or would have posted pics. Now.....just looked in on lake levels for Shasta. It has come up five feet since we were lookin' for a camp site last week! I think we will be down there commin' up soon. The pre-spawn feeding frenzy should be in full swing. I love this time of year, saw three boat ramps in the water when we looked last week. Weather looks good, need need need to catch some fishes!

Great thread!

When I was about 6 years old, I used to stay with my Grandmother in Buena Vista, Colorado.. a small mountain town.

Everyday, I was up and out trout fishing without a care in the world. MAN, I had it good til I grew up...lol

Muddy Paws said:
Great thread!

When I was about 6 years old, I used to stay with my Grandmother in Buena Vista, Colorado.. a small mountain town.

Everyday, I was up and out trout fishing without a care in the world. MAN, I had it good til I grew up...lol
Man, I hear ya. When I was a little one, I'd take my 22 and my fishing pole and take off for the day. Mom would know not to fix anything for supper but some corn bread, veggies and pie. I'd catch some fish at the stream I knew where there was always some and then on the way home I'd bag a dozen squirrels or so.

I'll tell you what; if you've never had fried sunfish and fried squirrel with fresh squirrel gravy over fresh made biscuits, you have no idea what you've missed. Slide some corn on the cob from the garden up next to it and a loose leaf salad with pie after, made from your own peach orchard and you've got a piece of heaven.

I wish I could back up and do that again. That was a place called Spotswood. hehe, becha no one's heard of it. Our school cafeteria had a rotating schedule of Moms that came in and cooked the school lunch. They brought what they were scheduled to bring and the school bought it from them for our lunches. The only bummer was all the Moms watched us during lunch. No goofing off while they watched!

Keep in mind that was almost 70 years ago. The school had about 50 kids in it.

heres a great recipe for perch....
Yellow Perch Meuniere
50# perch Fillets
30 lemons
3 bottles white wine
6 bunches parsley
9# butter
3 cups worchestershire sauce
1/2 sm container lemon pepper
2 lb flour
chicken stock...about 4 oz per 6 portions

Rinse perchies and pat dry
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lemon pepper seasoning
In a large pan marinate it

Worcestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Lemon juice and the skins of the lemons
A little olive oil

To Prepare In a stainless bowl
Add flour and seasonings

Dredge marinated fish and add fish to hot sauter (not sautee, use the pans with straight sides, usually made for pan frying) pan that has half butter and half olive oil

Sprinkle a little lemon juice and seasonings
Cook until golden brown
Turn ( you may have to add some butter and oil at this point
When nearly cooked Add Chicken broth with veggies Wine Lemon juice Parsley

Cover and allow to get nice and browned
You want to reduce the broth so it is thick and bubbley
Serve with a little sauce drizzled on top.
Serve with a sprig of parsley and a wedge of lemon

thats a great recipe. use it for any kind of fish.....perch is the best god i cant wait for fishing season

that recipe is for 110 people i didnt bother converting it. I do enough of that at work

Sounds good. I will do it with croppie.
Oh and that rub is "Grill Mates seafood rub". Its a McCormicks product. Just add some garlic pepper to it.

Wow Potus. Sounds like ya had fun.childhood was always much better. I remember bringing a gun to school for show and tell and being able to go shoot afterwards. Now you can get expelled for drawing a picture of a gun.
Wow. I always figured you to be about 40 and a D&D fan. Not an old educated hippy.

I love going to the river and catching a mess of walleye and then going into the woods hunt up some big yellow mushrooms. Come home make some fried taters and home made cornbread with the fish and shrooms MMMMMM good eating...take care..

city said:
Wow. I always figured you to be about 40 and a D&D fan. Not an old educated hippy.
hehe, my son is older than that...I'm a wrinkle with legs.

Oh MY GOd! I can't stop laughing. It hurts..
Going up fishing today.. wooohooo

city said:
I remember bringing a gun to school for show and tell and being able to go shoot afterwards. Now you can get expelled for drawing a picture of a gun.

Tell me bout it when i was growing up my mum and dad gave me a .410 shotgun to go play with from when i was about 13.
Now a days there no way that would happen.
Not in politically correct Britain gone mad anyway lol.
My dad was ace like that, his land his rules and if you dont like it? run lol

Ok,,,so I know this is a fishin' thread,,but Potus's mention of fried tree rat is making me HUNGRY....love to get a 'mess of em and serve em up....GOOD EATING

This is funny. I have no problem eating stuff like that. But I live in the west and its nothing that is on a menu out here.
Going out to be with nature today. Going out to catch some cut throat or rainbow or cutbow. Maybe a damn white fish. Either way I'm going to smoke some hash and be with nature

dollarspot73 said:
Ok,,,so I know this is a fishin' thread,,but Potus's mention of fried tree rat is making me HUNGRY....love to get a 'mess of em and serve em up....GOOD EATING
Dude! If someone offers up a mess of fresh fried squirrel with biscuits just out of the oven and smothered with squirrel pepper gravy, I'd turn down any other meal on the planet for that.

Just after typing that, my mouth is watering like Cujo's on a bad foam day.

I love squirrel, but Ive never had the squirrel pepper gravy..how's it made?

TURKEYNECK said:
I love squirrel, but Ive never had the squirrel pepper gravy..how's it made?
Man, I don't want to rip off city's thread.

Hey city, should I go start a thread for tree rat hunting? Not trying to crash yours man.

city said:
T
Going out to be with nature today. Going out to catch some cut throat or rainbow or cutbow. Maybe a damn white fish. Either way I'm going to smoke some hash and be with nature

Cutbow? is that some hybrid? Or a mountain fish I never heard of?
thanks

^lol, don't say (cats), papa will come runn'in.:rolleyes: :eek: ...

i use a seafood rub known as Old Bay on some of my fish.:) . used to could'nt buy it up here in Michigan. luckily, had family in Mississippi that mailed it with x-mas packages.:cool: .

another southern brand we like is creole rub made by Zatarains.:) these are both spicy rubs. and are excellent on fish.

i love the old bay on steamed shrimp...bb...

(
banjobuzz said:
^lol, don't say (cats), papa will come runn'in.:rolleyes: :eek: ...)

Cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born, you're never gonna' eat no unicorn......Oh sorry wrong thread;)

Latest posts

Back