Flor. lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissy

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I was wondering I bought some bulbs that were 300 watts with 6200 lumens from GE called cyrstal clear 300. Now could someone actually tell me if these are good or should i just stick to flor compacts. I do have to get them and that is no biggy. But if I do use the flor lights could some one tell me exactly how much bulbs I would need. My space is about 4' x 4' x 6'H. Thank you all for the informations that i have been reading.

:giggle: Missy

are the actually 300watts, or a "300 watt replacement"? I have some CFLs that are 300W replacements, but actually use 65W of electricity. I too am trying to figure out the correlation between electrical consumption and actual, useful light output.

thank you for responding. The package says energy used 300 watts. that is all i know.

:)

You would need to know the Kelvin Rating-ex: 1200K, 5000K, etc.
This is temperature of the light.
2600K to 3000K=Red spectrum
5400K to 5800K=Blue spectrum
One is for veg and one is for flower.
Can't tell you right at the moment-totally dazed-lol

Gb

missy,
The Kelvin Rating is usually printed on the packaging somewhere.
Probably on the back.
The red spectrum is for flowering.
Hope this helps.

Gb

Thank you Gee. Your a doll. But the only thing it says crystal clear and no mention of it. Thanx again for your time.

Me ;)

It must be 6400K, fine colour. CPFs are good bunch if you are looking for an economic solution.

Hi lilmissy,

Is this what you bought?
31NV%2BkjFhQL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

If so, I'd ditch em' and pick up some CFL's for sure.
This GE will produce a lot of heat, and use a lot of electricity, and put out little light for those consequences.

Spend another 20 bucks and pick up some CFL's.
Or better yet, if it's in your budget, just get a HID system (400 or 600 watts, 600 would be better). Maybe one where you can use switch from MH and HPS bulbs from the same ballast.

I have about the same space (4'x4'x6'), and I'm running a 400 HPS with good results. I spent around $300 between the lighting and inline cooling fan and I beleive it was definataly money well spent. It will more than pay for itself upon my first harvest.
You can see my setup one the bottom of my first page in My First Grow Journal, below.

Good luck and be well.

Hey thank you again,
yes that is it and i just took them back. So i am debating on the ballast. wish me luck and yours looks really nice.
thanks again

Me :)

Latest posts

Back