Florida Hypocrisy at its best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Silver Haze

Reaction score
i found an interesting article regarding Gov. Charlie Crist and his admitting using pot recreational.

i see that his youthful indiscretions held him back just like President Obama.

hXXp://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/Mar/15/crist-says-he-smoked-marijuana-supports-fla-drug-l/"]
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
7:37 p.m., Saturday, March 15, 2008
"Gov. Crist acknowledged in an interview with The Miami Herald that he smoked marijuana recreationally long before going into public life. But he said he's not inclined to seek any changes to the state's drug laws."

I dont know why all these former users are so against it now.
Like with Heath Shuler of NC. He went and played football at Uni of Tennessee. So its a guarantee he was getting lit nightly at a party school like that. Now he seems to have a true hatred for bud.

But I cant say much. Soon as the kids were born, I went the same route. I quit and was deadset against it. I hated it, looked down on it and its users.
Now the kids are pretty much grown and gone. I realize its something of my younger years that I miss, and my bitterness only came cause I missed it for so many years.

Well, maybe we should start a 12-step group for cannabis hypocrites. I did the same thing. Probably many parents of our generation told their kids "don't do what I did" and enforced zero tolerance for mj. Things change. What the heck you gonna do?

I never smoked pot or drank til i was out of high school, TRUE.
I was a gear head and was into street racing.

I've smoked since I was 14. It has been a medicine for me. Helped with hyper activity ( now called ADD, and millions made on meds. bleh) and anxiety. I've always told my kids the truth, as soon as they were old enough to understand it properly. I told them that most drugs, in moderation won't hurt you. Some drugs, legal and illegal are addictive and you have to be very careful. I think they have made better decisions because they are told the truth. If I had ate McDonalds everyday since I was 14, I would be dead most likely.
It's funny to me how doctors will tell you in private that pot really isn't that bad, but few will say anything in public. Maybe we should all pitch in and start a lobby so we can give doc's $$ to come out and sell our product. Instead of some pill.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I dont know why all these former users are so against it now.
Like with Heath Shuler of NC. He went and played football at Uni of Tennessee. So its a guarantee he was getting lit nightly at a party school like that. Now he seems to have a true hatred for bud.

But I cant say much. Soon as the kids were born, I went the same route. I quit and was deadset against it. I hated it, looked down on it and its users.
Now the kids are pretty much grown and gone. I realize its something of my younger years that I miss, and my bitterness only came cause I missed it for so many years.

that makes me feel your just as big of a douch bag as the guy in the article. Dont smoke pot please, you dont desearve it. I quit smoking pot for a long time but i never looked down or hated people over it.

SwisherSweets said:
that makes me feel your just as big of a douch bag as the guy in the article. Dont smoke pot please, you dont desearve it. I quit smoking pot for a long time but i never looked down or hated people over it.

Maybe I don't DESERVE it. (I can spell DESERVE correct)
Cause I DESERVE better than to be classified among the likes of you.

Look at that. Still looking down my nose. But I am a self indulged arrogant right wing prick after all.

Latest posts

Back