flowering with a mh??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrn3wman

Reaction score
hello all :D i have a few plants outside and a few inside and the ones outside are taking quit a beating so i was thinking in bringing them inside but then i realized im using my hps on the other plants.so i was curiouse would a mh work for flowering? like as a rastic measure any info would be much appreciated

It would as long as u started with it but really Hps is alot better with the spectrum..
How far r u into flowering.

cool :D im only a week into flowering on the ones inside but the ones outside have been flowering for a few weeks now. its just every time i go out there one is dead or eatin lol so im just gonna bring them inside

mrn3wman said:
cool :D im only a week into flowering on the ones inside but the ones outside have been flowering for a few weeks now. its just every time i go out there one is dead or eatin lol so im just gonna bring them inside

Keep in mind that u won't get a Big bush with MH. I have never flower with MH.
Go buy some CFL's bulbs for flowering there cheap and you won't have to distrupt the MH while others are Veggie..
You can also buy a Hps conversion bulb I believe, because I have MH conversion bulb for my 400 watt HPS..

Those curly looking bulb that looks like curly fries.:hubba:

hxxp://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?&storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&partNumber=776109&cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Shopping-_-Furniture%253ELight_Bulbs-_-776109-47452

Flyinghigh said:
Keep in mind that u won't get a Big bush with MH. I have never flower with MH.
Go buy some CFL's bulbs for flowering there cheap and you won't have to distrupt the MH while others are Veggie..
You can also buy a Hps conversion bulb I believe, because I have MH conversion bulb for my 400 watt HPS..

There is only a small difference in HPS and MH flowered plants, I have used both with great results.

Dont bother with CFL bulbs those wont do squat in comparison.

You will be absolutely fine flowering with a MH. It will be far superior to trying to flower with CFLs.

I have flowered using both MH and HPS, it will work fine. The higher lumens from your HID will be better than trying to bud them with CFL's i.m.o.

ooops...yeah what Hemp Godess said...lol, sorry didn't mean to beat a dead horse!

lol wat did that horse ever do to you? but thank you all

Growdude said:
There is only a small difference in HPS and MH flowered plants, I have used both with great results.

Dont bother with CFL bulbs those wont do squat in comparison.

Yea I know but I figure I would send him the right way for the future.
As for CFL's those won't be any comparison to MH or HPS systems but if one has to use them, that the way to go, besides I started with CFL's and had ok 1st grow, then I change to 400 watt HPS with a conversion bulb alot better...

You could add some red spectrum cfl's with the mh.

Something I have noticed about flowering with mh is that to the untrained eye the buds have good sack appeal because they are not as dense and more airy and fluffy.So a half zip looks huge.Growers and weed connoisseurs like dense buds but most people don't know weed like we do.I read a thread once where a guy argued for ever that he thought mh produced stronger bud,I have not seen that evidence my self.

I read an Ask Ed on CC ( hXXp://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/node/10584 ) where he brings to light mh and the trichome stacking/production connection. He had stated therein that tho HPS is better for solid nuggage, he prefeerred to switch out last 10 daze (coincidentally same as flushing if u believe in flush...) to metal halide to increase trich production because there is increased UV's emitted by the lamps.

So hps gets ya bigger nugz but mh implemented at the right time should give u that nice extra frosty dankety dank.

I am definately going to try this with whateverfemales I get from my Snow Whites. :hubba:

Much Peace, Love, and Nugz;

7greeneyes - :guitar:

hmmmm thats interesting green eyes, I've never heard that one but I tend to believe most of the things Ed Rosenthal says. He has helped out my grows considerably! I may have to try that, the only problem I have is that the only MH I have is a 400, and I'll be flowering with a 600 HPS, I wonder if I have room to put them both in there, and could put a t5 in my veg spot. Thanks for giving me something to think about!

Latest posts

Back