fluorescent color question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2784

Reaction score
Hey everyone im new here and have a question about a fluorescent light. Its 48" 40watts # on box is 10949 "residential light 40" 3150 lumens cri:72 color temp. 4100K "F40T12"

I guess my question is what color is this?? I looked online and didn't find an answer. What is the best type (color) to use for veg. stage?
I bought the cheap white shop light from wal mart.

Its gonna be added to my veg. room, I also have 4 cfls in there now.
Thanks in advance :hubba:

dude get the grow lights if u go to wal mart. veg is between 2900k and 3100k and flower is around 5000k

oh i dunno, maybe i got them mixed up. well i know it's good to have both sets, lol

Thanks everyone.......Jash i know about lighting this is just an addition to my veg room along with the cfls i have......i have a seperate grow box for flowering with 400hps so i do know a decent amount about lighting just not much about fluorscents.

mastersativa said:
Not to say your wrong bob, but i believe it is around 5000k to 7500k for veg and around 2700k to 3000k for flower.

:yeahthat: :aok:

mike2784 said:
Thanks everyone.......Jash i know about lighting this is just an addition to my veg room along with the cfls i have......i have a seperate grow box for flowering with 400hps so i do know a decent amount about lighting just not much about fluorscents.

To veg with the flo's i use plant & aquarium f40 t12's.

Latest posts

Back