Flush or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres a pic of a nute burned leaf.. it looks like your plant to me but you can tell more about your plant than we can.. pics don't show everything

nute_burn01.jpg

Godspeedsucka,
yes i am using tap water, but i let it sit out for at least 24 hrs (if not more) before adding it to a BIG bin i use to bubble water constantly. I have a soil ph meter, and it says not to use in water, so i haven't...so i'm not sure what the runoff ph is.

Slowmo,
I agree that it looks like nute burn, and that is what i was thinking all along. it it does resemble the leaf in the pic a lot. I am going to flush her out tonight when i make it home, and start her on a regime of strait water and epsom salt. I haven't feed her any nutes since last tuesday, only straight water.

How accurate are the ph test strips they sale at gardening stores? Thats about the best thing i will be able to get to test runoff ph.

Thanks for all the help guys. Still open to any suggestions though.

Well, i just took a ph reading from the soil with a soil ph meter and it red 6.5. So i'm currently flushing it with 10 gals of h2o. I'll check the ph again in the morning before the lights go off and see if the flush helped any. Hopefully this will get things back on track, and from here on out, i'll be sticking to h2o and molasses.

If you have some worm castings it wouldn't hurt to top dress the plant with them, maybe 1/4" on the surface and water slowly to let it seep in. That will help out with the nitrogen your plant needs and the coco is absorbing. The worm castings are low in nitrogen, should only be 1-0-0 however they do work, build good structure in the coco, and contain other micro elements good for the plants. If you are going to use epsom salts with every watering than I wouldn't use any more than 1/4tsp per gallon. I only use epsom salts when the plant looks like it needs them and then at only 1tsp per gallon followed by straight water the following day.

Ok, thanks for the advice, i'll give it a shot. I flushed it last night and tested the ph and it was a little more than 6.5 after the flush. Hopefully things will get better for this lady, because she's actually a nice 2 headed monster :cool:

Hey man, whether you figure this thing out or not (looks like you got things under control), you should still get some nice buds, doesn't look like your oplant is gonna hurt beyond losing some fan leaves, whatever the problem is...

No worries!

Your PH in coco should be somewhere around 5.5 - 6.2.
Flush, start on a weak nutrient regime, and then water more often with a bit of runoff after each watering at least once or twice a day.

smokingjoe said:
One of the reasons I will never grow in soil.

What does this have to do with this person's coco grow?
Soil is not even close to coco. Different rules.

The problem may stem from the fact that the grower used soil amendments (i.e. LIME).
Do you know why lime is used in soil. It's to raise the PH! You may never get the ph to lower this grow.Coco is inert. You don't need to check the runoff for anything if you start with coco and your nutes. Adjust the ph 5.8. Make sure you have the proper ppm. Don't use epsom salts. Use Cal-Mag + or another cal mag sup. even with tap water.
Think Hydro!!!!!

Thanks for all the tips, but on the cal-mag...i only have epsom salts and the cal-mag made for human consumption. I flushed the bucket and am using straight water and molasses from here on out. thanks again.

Metro...are you saying that my ph was thrown off by the addition of the lime?

Latest posts

Back