flushing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazycraker

Reaction score
I have cyco nutes and it says to flush every week. I want to make sure I am doing everything the right way. so when i flush my plants, how much water should i be using in a 5 gallon pot? also how much water should i be feeding them as well? im using promix HP in 5 gallon planters. Thanks for the help and happy growing.

I think a flush is 3 or 4 gallons of water per gallon media. 5 gallon pots would need 15 gallons of water. Not sure on ratio as I don't flush my grows.

Mj needs a wet/dry cycle so I water when they are dry. Stick your finger in the media if dry and the pot is light water them

Never have flushed my plants. Just give `em plain water for the last week or so.

The ONLY reason to flush IMO is a build up of salts or a nutrient overdose. If they are recommending flushing every week, the salt build up must be really bad. I do not believe that I would use nutrients that say to flush every weeks. And, boy, the nutrients are very expensive. May I ask what made you choose that nutrient line?

cyco nutes were recommended from the gardening shop were I purchased all my equipment. I spoke with them online and in person and everybody highly recommended cyco. It came as part of a package I ordered. What would you suggest Hemp Goddess? Im open to any ideas. My biggest problem is it seems like I taste the nutes when I smoke. I flushed with plain water for last 2 weeks been drying/curing now for a few weeks

First, I want to caution you about taking the advise of the grow store people. Many of them do not even grow----and they are salespeople first. Their job is to sell you as much as they can. I am often amazed at the myriad of things they recommend that are actually not needed. And those nutes are about 3 times as expensive as others that will probably work just as well.

However, as I am not familiar with them, can you tell me more about them. Organic or synthetic? How many parts? What is the N-P-K of the parts? How much do you feed and how often?

I do not flush my plants and do not believe that they taste of nutes. And I habve never heard of a nute line that recommends flushing every week--that just seems crazy and wasteful to me. Unless there is a huge salt build-up from the nutes, I cannot imagine a reason in the world to flush every week and I cannot imagine it being good for the plants.

I have started using AN products as GH has sold out to Scott's (and I refuse to support Monsanto). For hydro, I am using Jungle Juice 3 part. For organic soil grows, I am using Earth Juice.

Latest posts

Back