food recipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

city

Reaction score
Well here's my hopes. that we can get a pot head cook book going.
and no we dont have to add weed to anything we cook.
i would like to get King Kahuna's chili recipe on here for sure. especialy now that. well you know.. much love to ya King..

but anyways what do you guys/girls think

I will be the first.

My wifes family on the mothers side is from Norway and this is a little Family pancake type recipe

what ya need:

4 eggs
flour
milk
sugar
oil,pam

this is really simple

in a 2Cup measuring device crack 4 eggs into it, then add milk until you hit the 2 cup mark.
in a bowl add 1 1/4 cup of flour and 3/4 cup of sugar
add egg/milk mixture to the bowl
stir till smooth

i use a teflon pan and pam for this

on med to med hi heat place a mixture into center of pan until about 4" round. roll pan around till mixture spread thin.
keep an eye on it cause it is thicker than a Crepe and thinner than a pancake so it doesnt get air bubbles to tell ya when to flip it.

cook to desired doneness
I usseally dont add syrup. just butter and little bit of fresh lemmon juice to the top. add anything you want to it like berries whipped cream on top..
sometimes i put cottage cheese and Huckle berries inside and roll them up like a crepe.

i will get recipe for great grandmas german pancakes up next(YES Im German)

German Pancakes
For each pancake you will need
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of butter
2 eggs
dash of salt

Combine flour&milk in a small mixing bowl;mix with a fork just until blended(stll a little lumpy)
stir in eggs and the dash of salt
place butter in a 9" pie pan and melt in 425 degree oven. remove from oven and place batter in the pan
bake for 15 min.
cake will puff up and get a little crispy around the edges.

serve immediatly

i like these with powdered sugar and lemon juice..

enjoy!!!!

chili from the blue ridge.

2lb ground venison, browned.
1lb bacon, cooked and diced into 1/2" pieces.
healthy palmful of chili powder.
big can o' kidney beans.
large onion chopped, and browned in the bacon drippins.
big can o' whole tomatoes w/ the juice.
3-4 homegrown jalapenos chopped.

put it all in a slow cooker on medium for 4 hours.
bake some cornbread and get DOWN!

We had these for dinner.

hxxp://wowsroses.blogspot.com/2008/02/crockpot-chicken-enchiladas.html

And I didn't do the chicken in the crockpot, just did it in a pan on the stove. I also added 1 can of drained/rinsed blackbeans.

Delish!!! Can't wait til lunch tomorrow- leftovers. :D

mmmm clanchattan gonna have to try that out.
Here's on i tried recently and loved it ;)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Sweet Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2-3 servings 1½ hours 40 min prep [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2lbs venison tenderloins (a single deer loin or Moose or Elk or Pork or Beef)
½ lb bacon
3 cups brown sugar
2 cups soy sauce
¼ cup white sugar[/SIZE][/FONT]​
  1. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce in a bowl into a thick, sticky brown paste.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Soy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Remove loin from tray, and place on a slotted bake sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. Don't throw away marinade.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Wrap a pice of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops." The tenderloin should look like an arm with a bunch of wrist watches on it, the watches being the bacon strips.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Cover loin and bacon strips in a thin coating of white sugar.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the loin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  11. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]You can eat these pieces directly from the toothpick or remove the toothpick and eat like steak. [/SIZE][/FONT]

horseprairielodge.com/Recipes/Bacon_Wrapped_Venison/bacon_wrapped_venison.html

Ok this one is really easy but is a great side dish
Char-Broiled Sweet Potatos
4 Sweet Potatos
Pam Cooking spray
Brown sugar
cinnammon
nutmeg

Slice the sweet potatos into 1/4 inch disks. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnammon, and nutmeg. Bake at 325F for 30 min.
Let rest till room temp and spray again with cooking spray. Sprinkle with more brown sugar. broil over open flame till it starts to char.
Its good eating man.

too cool "recipes"!!

Swansons Salisbury steak...
Remove from box. Cut a slit in the plastic wrap covering the mashed potatoes. Place in micro wave on high for 8-10 minutes. Let set for two minutes.
Careful it "should" be got.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa! ...:p

Swansons Salisbury steak...
Remove from box. Cut a slit in the plastic wrap covering the mashed potatoes. Place in micro wave on high for 8-10 minutes. Let set for two minutes.
Careful it "should" be got.

They are much better if you cook them in the oven instead of the microwave. There are no shortcuts to culinary excellence, trust me, use the oven people. :rofl:

How sad Hick.. I thought at least you would tell us about how you cook ramen noodles

Grilled Asparagus With Prosciutto

This is super easy and really tasty. Cook this on the grill.

Wrap asparagus spears with thin slices of prosciutto, and brush with some olive oil. Grill, turning and moving as needed to brown and crisp the prosciutto and soften the asparagus. Serve with lots of freshly ground black pepper.

Sounding good so far.. anyone else?

Sticky Chocolate Sponge Pudding

7 ounces sugar
7 ounces butter
7 ounces self-raising flour, sifted
1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
3 large eggs
3 rounded tablespoons cocoa powder
8 tablespoons warm water
Handful flaked almonds
3 3/4 ounces cooking chocolate, broken up

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C / gas 4). Beat the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the butter mixture. Add the eggs and mix it all together. Then mix the cocoa powder with 8 tablespoons of warm water, until smooth.
Fold the chocolate paste, almonds, and chocolate pieces into the cake mixture. Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin, spreading it out evenly. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.

For the chocolate sauce:

3 3/4 ounces cooking chocolate
3 3/4 ounces caster sugar
3 3/4 ounces butter
4 tablespoons milk

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate sauce ingredients in a bowl over some lightly simmering water. Stir until blended well. When the pudding is cooked, remove from the oven and pour over the chocolate sauce while still hot.

6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

:peace:

Stinky Dinks-

1 pound, cured, chipped beef packaged
1 block philly cream cheese
1 bunch green onions

spread cheese on chipped beef, wrap with 1 green onion, serve chilled...bb...

I'm going to have to go with Hick on this one, with one minor exception... Marie Calanders instead of Swanson... But if ya'll get lucky... I might just feed you some thing home made. (yes I do know how to cook, but what the H E double hockey stick is a recipe?
_him

Good old fashioned Mom food: Pizza Casserole
Grease a 9x13 cake pan
Take two tubes of cheap biscuits and cut each biscuit in 1/4. Line the pan with the biscuits.
Make a meat sauce out of spaghetti, beef, and anything else you like in your pizza. (I'm not a pork eater, but I've had rave reviews from throwing in some ground sausage or pepporoni chunks.)
Cover the biscuits with the sauce. Cover the sauce in copious amounts of cheese, of the variety you like, and any fresh veggies you want. (_him doesn't like veggies, so they are a four letter word in this house.)
Toss in the oven at 345, and cook until the biscuits are done. Should be about 20-30 mins. (Glass pan makes it real easy to tell)
Serve. Makes great leftovers.

-Love

Hey Mutt, I do this same thing only with duck breasts and on skewers over the bbq. Fantastic! A friend of mine, that past away not too awful long ago, loved to add a water chestnut in the center.

Mutt said:
mmmm clanchattan gonna have to try that out.
Here's on i tried recently and loved it ;)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Sweet Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2-3 servings 1½ hours 40 min prep [/SIZE][/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2lbs venison tenderloins (a single deer loin or Moose or Elk or Pork or Beef) [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]

½ lb bacon
3 cups brown sugar
2 cups soy sauce

¼ cup white sugar​
[/SIZE][/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce in a bowl into a thick, sticky brown paste.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Soy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Remove loin from tray, and place on a slotted bake sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. Don't throw away marinade.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Wrap a pice of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops." The tenderloin should look like an arm with a bunch of wrist watches on it, the watches being the bacon strips.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Cover loin and bacon strips in a thin coating of white sugar.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the loin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  11. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]You can eat these pieces directly from the toothpick or remove the toothpick and eat like steak. [/SIZE][/FONT]
horseprairielodge.com/Recipes/Bacon_Wrapped_Venison/bacon_wrapped_venison.html​

Hey there House, you guys finding any Oregon Whites up there in the valley? Wouldn't mind seeing your best recipe for a handful of those!

houseoftreasure said:
Good old fashioned Mom food: Pizza Casserole
Grease a 9x13 cake pan
Take two tubes of cheap biscuits and cut each biscuit in 1/4. Line the pan with the biscuits.
Make a meat sauce out of spaghetti, beef, and anything else you like in your pizza. (I'm not a pork eater, but I've had rave reviews from throwing in some ground sausage or pepporoni chunks.)
Cover the biscuits with the sauce. Cover the sauce in copious amounts of cheese, of the variety you like, and any fresh veggies you want. (_him doesn't like veggies, so they are a four letter word in this house.)
Toss in the oven at 345, and cook until the biscuits are done. Should be about 20-30 mins. (Glass pan makes it real easy to tell)
Serve. Makes great leftovers.

-Love

Ok, two NV originals...

Pumpkin pasta

Your favorite pasta recipe

(mine is durham, semolina and bleached flour 40/40/20. Just make a pile. I 'eyeball it'. 3 eggs + 1 yolk @ room tem. 1 tsp evo and a small glass of room temp water to keep things going. I hand roll and cut but maybe you use a pasta machine?)

1 can of pumpkin, unsweetened.

3/4C chopped pecans (or whatever your fav nut is)

1C fresh diced pumpkin (or any orange fleshed winter squash)

mushrooms (optional, I leave them out of this one)

1 Big can of anything (soup, whatever)

1/4 to 1/2 cube Butter (unsalted, of course)

Another cube of butter (same)

1 pint Whipping cream

4 egg yolks

Shot of Puerto Rican rum (or 1/2 shot, depending on how strong you like it)

cinnamon

nutmeg

cloves (or just the 'pumpkin spice' will work)

Sugar

Salt to taste

Black pepper

Pecorino romano

I made this up so no recipe here... Sorry. Ok, here goes...

Place canned pumpkin in a strainer and place strainer over a deep bowl. Cover with paper towels and place the 'big can of anything' on top for weight. We want to lose whatever moisture we can here. Best if opened several hours early and stored in fridge.

Make pasta recipe (your favorite, of course) Once this is mixed, add canned, previously drained, pumpkin a little at a time. Mix in until the pasta dough begins to stress (holds as much as it can, but staying stable) . Stop adding pumpkin. Set aside for 15 minutes under plastic wrap.

In a double boiler mix egg yolks and about 1/2 cup of sugar. Beat furiously, forever, until mixture begins to thicken. This will be somewhat like a sweet, noggy chantilly sauce when done. Once thick, stir in whipping cream (not quite the whole container) and keep stirring until pretty thick. Add rum and spices and salt to taste. 'Finish' with butter one small bit at a time. If done correctly this sauce will be unbelievable. The mouth feel will be like nothing you know. Soo smooth.

Boil a ton of water. Add 1/2C salt.

Put a little evo and butter in a sautee pan over med heat. Add diced pumpkin and pecans. Cook til the pumpkin is just soft.

Cut pasta and drop into boiling water. 30 seconds. Drain.

Melt 1/2 (or slightly more to coat pasta) cube butter in pan with pumpkin and pecans. Add pasta. Plate it up and drizzle a small amout of sauce over the top. Top with black pepper and grated pecorino.

p.s. If you are so inclined, you might add garlic to this recipe. I have but you don't need to.

This sounds complicated but I can do it in 20 mins and it is always a total hit. Try it next to your best steak and your friends will talk about 'that night' for years to come;) This is a frequently requested birthday dish around my house...

Philipino pork skewers.
1 pork shoulder trimm the fat and cube
Place in a 1 gallon freezer bag add 4 cloves of garlic chopped, ad 2 tablspoons of black pepper
1/2 cup of soy sauce 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
Add a can of beer and a can of 7up.
1 sliced lemon 1 sliced lime
Let it marinade over night
Let the bamboo skewers soak in water overnight..
Skewer em up the next day and BBq them up.
I ussually serve them with Puncit,Luumpia

Latest posts

Back