Freeze Warnings, BBBRRRRRRRR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please advice ASAP

wow i cannot believe how much different forecasters fromone general location vary. radio forecast tv forecast local vs weather channel. local television stations, online forecasts etc etc..
my local news i just got done watchin on the internet and the weather forecast is callin for patchy frost here and definate frost for a town bout 160 miles north and my plants are 40 miles north of me. so inbetween patchy and definate frost tonight as we speak and my grow is in a pretty low elevation as well and wit heat rising science i'm almost sure it'll be frostin tonight.
oh man i dont know wat to do lol
but come this weekend they'll for sure be done for weather wise. no if's and's or buts bout it cuz lows will be down in the upper 20's for the rest next week. i might end up having to go chop them or most them in a lil bit.
but my buds are all small :( boohoo. but the sample i tiook from each smokes nice and gets ya really good buzz.
now i herd mj can handle a light frost but this weekend is the weather end for the ladies for sure cuz i am not gonna go 40 miles one way and back every night just to cover them and another 40 there and 40 back to uncover.
now if they can live thru tonight they'll get another day or two.
now would just one or two days make any sort of difference at all? or should i just not take my chances and go getem now.

tomorrow high mid to low 60's
2morrow lows mid to upper 30's

thurs highs mid 55
thurs lows 30-32

fri high 53 wit chance rain 30%
fri low low 30's

sat high 51
sat. low 32 another 30% chance rain

sun. high 49 windy chance of snow after dark
sun. low 31

monday high 50 low 26 chance of light snow.

wat would u do right now wit this forcast coming
and just rained a good inch on sunday.

:bump: dont mean to be impatient but im gettin ready to go cuttin and just curious if anyone would feel against it wit the wether conditiuons i posted above. thanks

30 here this morning and a heavy frost on the ground. I'm not sure what you should do zip. I cut mine lastnight, not much of a harvest at all, can't wait till my 400w is cranking ;)

LOL i just went to my grandpas house and checked his outdoor thermometer which is on a farm so out in open. and it was only 40 deg farenheit. and was nowhere near wat the forcasters said.
to hell wit weather forcasters here i say. they dont know their heads from their butts lol
right now it bout 6 am and its actually warmer than it was last week bout this time couple days . lol
so im thinkin i'll just take a cruise closer to the grow out in the country and check conditions myself and see from there. kinda a hassle but it'll be worth it.
but yeah 26 is brutal i'm thinkin as well. and i could sure use every day i can get now. and yet sunday is almost week away and i bet it'll change every night up til the very day. lol thats how our forecasters are here lol

wat are some limits all u have had ur MJ plants pushed to as far as extreemes in weather go and yet still pulled thru.??? thats more my curiousity. wat can they handle to the fullest extent. cuz i need every day i can get here now.

i saw pics of a girls plants in canada which had snow on them when she cut them, and they had already been through a hard frost and were fine.

godspeedsuckah said:
30 here this morning and a heavy frost on the ground. I'm not sure what you should do zip. I cut mine lastnight, not much of a harvest at all, can't wait till my 400w is cranking ;)

yeah the weather forcasters said we were suppose to get a hard an heavy freeze/frost for couple days two weeks ago yet and still no frost so go figure LOL.

my poor sativas are just massive. more wider than taller more so. and all buddin now but doubt it'll be worth a beans even.

just from wat i've read and herd etc... i'd say they round 4-5 weeks into flower maybe six. cant really remember or wat ya'd consider the starting time of flower as every plant started at different times give or take days or a wek or two. other than the indicas i got goin.
dont know specific strain on sativas but they from good bagseeds i've saved over couple years. they not very tall like sativas are and are all shorter than i am tall but the leaves all have 7-9 & 11 blades on few of em. and the blades on leaves are that of a sativa. completely opposite of the indicas i got (fat blades. 5-7 blades max on leaves)
the sat's are pretty bushy so maybe they hybrid or cross or somethin and hopefully they more acclimated to tough cooler temps. but so far they pullin strong, but leaves are droppin alot by the day and turnin yellow too.

Do you have a grow room inside? I have been meaning to get my winter grow going but one thing leads to another and next thing you know it still isnt done :) Tonight the beans are getting germinated.

attachment.php

Holy Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Was that one of yours Hick?

godspeedsuckah said:
Do you have a grow room inside? I have been meaning to get my winter grow going but one thing leads to another and next thing you know it still isnt done :) Tonight the beans are getting germinated.

i will once all is said an done wit my outdoor grow. dont wanna take on 2 things at once. lol i not a very good multi tasker. i' a simple person lol
but i will shortly. but as it looks i'm only goonna be doin bagseed again as i dont feel safe orderin online. but better than nothin and i got some pretty decent bud off my girls so far off just good bagseed

i seen that pic once before on here one time. thats intense. did it live after that or was it harvested right away.?

had to be photocropped? if not , i guarantee it came down immediately.
a forgotten, left behind guerilla grow, that someone came across? i've been a grower outdoors over 30 years, and i've heard peeps talk about not being able to locate all thier plants of guerilla grows, until after a first snow. i've never seen it personally.
tell you what, i got 1 plant that we'll do a sorta test on. we'll let it hang out 'til the snow arrives, to see if it can fare. this is my dog pen grow, that was a volunteer this year. i covered it the other night with a plastic drum, in a heavy freeze, and it got topped prematurely. me thinks the top froze to the drum.:confused: . it was covered two consecutive nights. i'll let it be from here on out, til it snows. and we shall see...bb...

It broke some branches and split the main stalk, but the rest of it was harvested about 10 days later. It lived.
I can't say that it does them any good, but they "can" survive some pretty harsh conditions, for short periods.

taken of the same plant 14 days later, ccording to the cam' date.. honest banjo'.. ;)
..BUT.. I also know that several hours of freeze can kill them. The snow was melted and gone by 10:00 am, and temps climbed into the mid-high 60's by afternoon. Followed by several days of "Indian Summer" weather.

PurPDHoct258.JPG

swwet. thanks hick. that makes me feel a lot better bout the weather now.
so in other words they can handle freezin temps so long as it warms up not long after, say like a matter of hours gettin back above freezing again?
cuz it may hit freezin temps come this weekend but daytime highs will be in upper 50's lower 60's.
my sativas are gonna have to kick it out there for a while so i might as well keep updated on them on here as i'll probably let them go til they simple die from the cold or somethin cuz they are no where near worth harvesting yet.

Well I can't/don't advise it, if it can be avoided at all. Cover them without the cover actually touching them, and draped all the way to the ground, would be 'much' more prefered.
I would also guess that it would be somewhat strain dependant. Other factors, like windchill and dew point might cause different results.

Wow Im Impressed, Hippie ! You Need To Run For President,i Learned Something Today Thanks!!!

sooo, that was the one you lost in the wild hick?:p . ok, i believe.
really.
zip, i would have to say ,(with this new visual info), certain conditions apply here. do you see how far along that snow bud is? well, it's got it's 'fat layer' on, that prolly protected it in it's conditions'. that bud was ready to be harvested, when it was snowed on, or very, very near to.
can you show us some pics here on how far along your girls are zip?

thought bout covering them deal too but it doesnt seem worth it as i'll only get maybe 2 weeks tops before it starts throwin hard frosts and more light snow/basically impossible growin conditions and enen then my sativas will MAYBE be half way thru flower if that.
also i'd have to start coverin them every night for a week prior andd that is just too much hassle for me to go bout coverin em and uncoverin every night for a week or more just so they can be half thru flower.
i only got 4 sativas
-1 is just showin hairs LOL finally. but its pretty short but def. sativa leaf's
-1 is another short perfect x mas tree shaped lookin sativa only almost 3 feet tall just showin signs of actual buds as of sunday
-1 my fatty looks almost like a giant spider stuck on his back wit 12 legs and one main center cone thats like up to my chin(looks like a rocket/missile standin on end lol. it's very uniform and yet unique in shape for my eyes have seen tho. but its got hundreds of little buds starting they comin out of every where 2 or 3 every inch or so of each branch(spider leg) lol. just a shame she really aint gonna be worth a beans tho. i know in my heart that if she were to go til november or so she would and would give me ALOT of bud.
-and my last sativa is bout similar to the upside down spider one but smaller and not as uniform in shape and only up to my bottom rib cage/chest

Latest posts

Back