full spectrum cfls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groworganic

Reaction score
i am thinking about flowering one of my plants with cfls. Now, I know what you guys are going to say, "dude you should use a 400w hps to flower you plants, your buds will be much bigger and denser" no kidding. but, i thought I would try something new. My question is, are full spectrum lights capable of giving mj plants the right spectrum to flower properly? I know most LED lights are considered full spectrum lights, so is it the same with cfls?? whats the deal? experienced grower input is appreciated. thanks!:D

you can use em,it just takes alot of em if you want the nice dense buds.theyre good for veg,but honestly,not so much with flowering.thats just my opinion though.hell i was the first one on the 420.com forum to use them back in the early 90's all the member said it couldnt be done and what not,well it did take a long time but i vegged that plant til it was almost 3 ft tall.it was just kind of a waste to use them cfls during flowering though.if i woulda used a hps during flowering,my buds would have been much fatter...Theres my $.02 i see nothin wrong with stepping outta the box but as for this certain topic,i wouldnt waste your time or grow space. grow em the right way and make your hard work pay off.-peace man

If you have a small grow space, then why not...

i've used cfls on 3 grows so far and the first wasn't to bad lots of fluffy buds, 2nd was a little better, but my third was really good. I got my lights from walmart 42watt each and used 5 per plant with the silver reflectors with the squeeze clamps for each one. just put 1 above and 4 around it about 6 in. away. thats how i did it and i got real nice tight buds.. heres a link to see http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26222

thats the last plant i grew 12/12 from seed. 20 inches long dry weight was almost 2 ounces with out the stem. hope this helps. good luck

all my plants are growing under cfls, from seedlings up to harvest. i have 2 cfls in the veggy room, & 3 cfls in the 12 hr. room. i would love to put a better light in, but thats ok, i go with what i got. i have nice buds too.

Latest posts

Back