Funny: So I heard something New this AM on plant sexing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticWolf

Just Me
Reaction score
Now mind you I haven't a darn clue if this is True or Not, but when I thought about the actual visual on what I'm about to share , I died laughing thinking about it.

Apparently there is this person that thinks they can sex a cannabis plant anytime before it shows sex by get this Sniffing them !!!

On the other side of things I know some folks noses are way sensitive like those people that test and judge wine and beer and Hops ...I've also heard lots of rumors over the years on how to sex plants before they flower, but they are just that rumors.

The Best I have ever seen personally is I know this gal back east that has been growing all her life and I've seen her take a flat of babies from seed look at them and sex them at about 8 weeks and I've seen her be right 80 percent of the time which I thought was pretty amazing.

Anyhow this person with the NOSE swears girl plants show scent first, and it is a specific fem scent! Has anyone else out there heard of scenting for sex? Does it work? do they put out like scratch and sniff samples you can train your Nose by? Because this one has me curious...Seriously.

I told My buddy he should do a flat of 20 plants and do 14 of them from seed ...then add 6 clones three of them male... three of them fem ...mark them top secret like with a black light pen...Then place a bet with this NOSE and see if he will put his money where his mucus membranes are...

Knowing I've never seen my green girls spritzing themselves with any special perfume in all my years growing ...So is it Fact or Fiction what say you ?

ROTFLMBO

James

@ ozzydiodude ....@ HippyInEngland....Getting a chance to pop back in reading the comments and laughing like all heck

HIE...Oh ohh them might be the dangerous type I heard about over there HIE save one for Me okay...

Ozzy...Well I don't let Mine get away like that...I got me some ways... Winks laughing hard ....and knowing cause I have chased one them lil buggers around a table top a time or two.

James

If yur girl smells that bad,,ya might wanna change the way you pick yur girlfriends Hippy.:D Just kidden.
I tell ya,,thats funny as hell smellen yur plants to determine sex. I had three males that stunk to high heaven way before they showed sex. I was very sad.:confused: So I doubt ya could go by how they smell.:rolleyes:

I can guess with SOME accuracy if......I am growing a bunch of seeds of the same strain that all sprouted at the same time. Usually after 2-3 weeks of veg the males are taller. But I would never just guess, every plant grown from seed gets flowered until it either shows cajones or a bush

@WeedHopper...Ya'll are killing me tears rolling out of my eyes...Ohhh jeeze

@ NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer....Trying to stop the tears from laughing okay I'll admit while I tend the garden I do sniff and smell I think that is one of the joys of growing ....but as far as telling sex ..No way not till they show I've been fooled guessing one to many times ..Seriously

There was a thread out about 6 months ago about early sexing. I looked around for it but couldn't find it. I thought it was from TBG or TCVG. It was a discussion about sexing by node length when alternating nodes show. Can't remember how it went... Something like even node length meant female and alternating lengths meant male, or something.

Anyone wanna help with this one?

EDIT: Oh, geez, maybe it was POTUS? I'll look...

You can teach a dog to tell. Like if its female, to sit. Soon as its sprouted.

I kinda made that up. But if a dog can smell cancer in a person, truffles 18inches underground, and stuff stashed in peoples "cavities" at the airport. It must be true.
Gonna get me a bloodhound.

nvthis said:
Ok, so maybe it wasn't POTUS. I give up, but it is out there...

Hello NV :)

It was TCVG that did the node length sexing.

The thread was deleted so its not here anymore.

Edit: Van took it off himself.

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello NV :)

It was TCVG that did the node length sexing.

The thread was deleted so its not here anymore.

:peace:

yup... deleted by the OP .... :hubba:
but..... it didn't work anyway ;). It was in relationship to length between "alternating" nodes. Alternating nodes is a sign of sexual maturity and pre-flowers are usually present also. Actually seeing either staminate or pistilate flowers is the ONLY way to determine sex.

I dunno...

Most of the time I can tell by looking at the plants in compairison...

But most of the time is not every time.

Yeah, I just look at my babies and can usually tell. Here's my secret:

If they look strong and healthy and picture perfect, they're male. Why? Because that is just my damn luck!!!:rolleyes:

If it turns out it is a female? Well then, BONUS!

@nvthis....Just chuckles so darn hard ...ain't that always the way ...

Latest posts

Back