GDP and Sweet Sour Diesel - Flower Day 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushBlower12

Smoke em' if ya got em'
Reaction score
So here we go. I just completed my 4th week in Veg and am moving on to flowering. I replaced the 400 mh with my 600 hps. My GDPs are about 18" and the SSDs are about 15". Im flushing my soil today with Clearex and will be giving my girls the first dosage of flowering nutes. Fox Farm Bloom, Botanicare Sweet, Seaweed extract, and superthrive. I found a black fly today also, so I will be layering my ladies in Pure Neem Oil. Should do the trick against any potential pest.

Has anyone ever used Clearex before? It says to pour over the plants and let 80 90% run-off. Does it actually mean to pour over the entire plant or just the soil? My immediate reaction is no, just do the soil. So anyone who knows please help out.

007.jpg

008.jpg

Hi Kush,

Looks great so far buddy.
I was thinking of using Clearex too. I beleive it's just the soil, but I want a confirmation as well.

What do you mean by layering your ladies in pure neem oil, do you foliar spray? I have neem oil but I'm still hesitant to take the plunge and use it... gnats are my gripe.

Be well.

Wassup Kush,
Thing's are looking great so far, nice and clean and healthy looking plant's! Great job!. I have been using clearex for a couple years now and i love it. It is an isotonic cleanser, this means that it bonds with those bad salts and excess nutrients in your soil, creating one heavy and now easy to flush partical. You want to mix it with p.h balanced water, i think you use 1 teaspoon per gallon, should say on the back tho(cant remember, too stoned):). I prefer when i flush mixing 2 gallons of water with clearex, followed by just 1 more gallon but with plain p.h balanced water. I do this to my 5gal containers and it works fantastic for a good flush. You only use this on soil!!!! do not spray or pour over your plants with it!! pour it in the soil!. As far as your neem oil goes, dillute it in warm water and spray on plats. Neem oil helps build a layer of polish like protection on your leaf's. This must be washed off tho after a couple days, otherwise your leafs are unable to transpire or breath like normal. Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

i just flushed my hydro with clearex...great stuff. i add hygrozyme to the flush too. i forget the #s but it was somethin like 150ppm's it flushed out. plants r lookin great, nice strains.

Just an update...

Ive been flowering for one week now and since that time the GDPs have grown 4" and the SSD have grown 6-7"! My shoots have lots of healthy flowering sites so hopefully it will be a good yield. This is my first grow, so I still have some questions. My girls are getting awfully bushy... should I trim off the large fan leaves so the flowers get light? Or should I just let nature run its course? I heard that pruning causes stunted growth which is not what Im looking for here. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

Some people trim off fan leaves to help light penetration but with a 1000 watt HPS you will be fine. And yes pruning can stunt growth but only periodically and it doesn't at all effect the overall yield, except for doubling it because it has now been topped LOL!

Thank you !!
.it's called http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookPS.html "photosynthesis"
That crazy vancouver guy said:
don't trim off any fan leaves... the plant requires them to make the flowers/fruit.

they will be used up and die off on their own as flowering progresses.

Some people trim off fan leaves to help light penetration but with a 1000 watt HPS you will be fine. And yes pruning can stunt growth but only periodically and it doesn't at all effect the overall yield, except for doubling it because it has now been topped LOL!
.."topping" and "pruning" are two entirely deffernt procedures.. IMO.
"Topping" will make your plants shorter and bushier, with more flowering sites. BUT... it will not "double" your yield. Only 'slight' increases can be expected. You will simply have more smaller buds rather then the single main colas.

"Trimming" (fan leaves) is definately counter productive. Those leaves are where photosynthesis takes place. THEY are the plant part that utilizes light, not the buds.

As HICK says, the plant needs the leaves in order to photosynthesize and make more food. The more food the bigger buds. Also, as That Crazy Vancouver says, the plant needs the leaves late in flower. It munches on itself for good food and the leaves turn brown and crispy.

Well everything looks nice. Is that 600W going to be enough?

Capone said:
i want GDP clones...bay area?

Haha, sorry Capone Im down south a bit further than you. I know for a fact though that SF and Sac have GDP clones. Just have to ask around. It took me awhile also to find these. Good luck on your search

Timmyjg6 said:
Well everything looks nice. Is that 600W going to be enough?

The 600 should do the job. The closet that Im growing in is small, only 3' x 4'. So it should do the trick. Im rotating them constantly trying to keep it all even. I wish I could use a 1000, but the closet is a bit too small which would probably give me problems with my heat. I already had to get a small ac, which I know most of you would frown upon. But my closet is not exactly setup for ventilation, so I needed some help keeping cool. Ill let you know how it goes! thanks

i found some and there flowinger also...i dont like to wait...lol ill be watching. ..pix??

So here it is. Finally. My first official* indoor grow. Ive had alot of hiccups and Ive made a few mistakes, but all in all, I have to be happy. Its not fire, but perfection takes time and practice. Thanks to all you guys who helped out along the way. See you guys again very soon on my new thread which includes some very nice strains. Keep growing!

001-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

Im loving it so far. Its much better than I was expecting. I need to cure it for at least a week or two, but already its good smoke. Good luck on your grows.

002-6.jpg

001-6.jpg

Latest posts

Back