Getting old beans to germinate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Borrego

Weed guru in training😜😜😜
Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I have a friend on X who inherited his grandfather's entire collection of beans. Some were dated 1960. He figured out a way to get them to crack. It works I tried it. Got my c99 X NL in paper towels with tiny tails. Here is what you do…

Ok here you go you take a vile and add seeds and h202 hydrogen peroxide half full and shake between finger tips for 30 seconds pretty sturdy not to crazy. Drain and add very warm water to seeds in vile and shake for 15 sec and rinse them out then add warm water again to vile almost to the top leave room for the next two ingredients. Take h202 and add 1% of how much water is in there or i just do 1-2 drops it comes out fast you only need 1% of your solution. Then take the King Neptune and add the same amount as the h202 1%. Finally add just a few grains of the Silica to the vile. And thats it. Now shake for a good minute in your fingers but not so hard back and forth. Mix that up let it penetrate the seeds then tighten then cap then place this little vile into your 3rd jeans pocket. I usd my bra. No jean 3 rd pocket. He popped seeds which are bad ass LAVENDER KUSH but he placed them in this solution at 8:02 am and at 3pm. 6 from 14 popped so far and alreadyin rock wool
IMG_3553.jpeg
on top of his refrigerator.

Very interesting
Does it have to be Neptunes Harvest?
I only had cal mag it is what I used. I tried Neptune's harvest my first year with a garden (not cannabis just a garden) I was not impressed for the price. Miracle grow worked just a good for a fraction of the price. I had a sample of silica which I busted out.

Last edited:
I only had cal mag it is what I used. I tried Neptune's harvest my first year with a garden (not cannabis just a garden) I was not impressed for the price. Miracle grow worked just a hood for a fraction of the price.I had a sample of silica which I busted out.
I will
Jan, are those C99XNL the ones I think they are?
perhaps and I am not complaining very grateful. I see tails so I am very excited

Oh Lawd honey, you may be holding some dynamite in your hands. I love seeing old beans reemerges.

Jan how were the seeds stored all the yrs?
In frig or freezer? Or just in a basement like environment
As I said my seeds were gifted so IDK I have had them about 6 months or do. I keep all my seeds in my grow room in a drawer. I have a Jan box a photo box and a auto box. Jan box was thing I got in trade I am super interested in or thing like the next grow I am planning. Things just for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I should move my boxes to the fridge? I have a mini fridge in my room for drinks. I usually keep it empty. Maybe I will put them in ziplocks and label them accordingly. I usually only keep the drinks in the door so the shelves are empty. I should keep them cool?

I traded all the fems but there was a drawer in the photo section for fems as all my fems were photos. Right now I only have a couple fems I got from Carty and I plan on growing those out. My beans I get from you all are like treasures to me. Those are in the Jan drawer.

Latest posts

Back