GIANT Pumkin anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Well Heck with it:p ..I am in the Largest Tomato so I thaught why not Biggest pumkin....:) ...I must say I do this Hobby for compitition here in the USA..Last year I did not make show ( only 385lbs )..must be at least 400 to enter..in 2006 I had 2 on..( 960lbs )..:holysheep: yes..one @ 520..and one @ 440..:hubba:

I will update this as I GROW..please Play along if you would like:D

4u2smoke said:
Well Heck with it:p ..I am in the Largest Tomato so I thaught why not Biggest pumkin....:) ...I must say I do this Hobby for compitition here in the USA..Last year I did not make show ( only 385lbs )..must be at least 400 to enter..in 2006 I had 2 on..( 960lbs )..:holysheep: yes..one @ 520..and one @ 440..:hubba:

I will update this as I GROW..please Play along if you would like:D

:eek: Im gonna pull a chair up on this one,lol. I would like to see a 385lbs pumpkin!

I did not know a pumpkin could yield even 100lbs,lol :hubba:

Are they special seeds?

Cole said:
Are they special seeds?
yup, and i'll join in on this one...just happen to have picked some up yesterday. how much room will i need for the vine/pump?

WoW!!! that is gonna make a lotta' pie shells happpy.. ;)

lol,i remember goin to a place down in romeo,michigan that sold them huge 500-850 pound pumpkins for like $100.i was there a few years back and my kids could honestly both fit inside one (with room for 1 or 2 more kids) them things are crazy.i asked the guy if this is the way around getting your pumpkins smashed in the middle of the road and he said he's heard of kids taking sludge hammers to em =)

lyfr said:
yup, and i'll join in on this one...just happen to have picked some up yesterday. how much room will i need for the vine/pump?

Hey lyfr....Most GIANT Pumkin growers go with a 20x20 area for the pumkin..Goog Luck

How AWESOME!!!!

I have never grown pumpkins, but as strange as it sounds, they've been a big part of my life..lol.

My kids had their very own pumpkin fairy. Late Sept every year, my dad would buy 3 decent sized ones (tiny compared to a 400 pounder, lol) and put them in my yard along with some of the smaller gourds and drive away. He never claimed ownership, he did it for my kids. :D

Last year will forever be the most special. He was dying and in pretty bad shape. How he was able to lug those things around I'll never know. He died Nov. 12th after being mostly unconscious for a week.

I sure miss my Pumpkin Fairy. But because of him, whenever I see one, I will think fond memories of my daddy.

Grow a big one just for me this year, ok. :)

Latest posts

Back