Gmt's feminized journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMT

Reaction score
Hello all and welcome to my temporary grow room pull up a chair get comfey and roll one for yourself there's weed in the stash and beer in the fridge so help your self.

Right first things first so here's the setup, canvass wardrobe lined with white rigid PE plastic sheeting.

600W hps for flowering ,air cooled and 150W blue enviro light for vegging.
Ventilation is a mix of muffin fan and in line fan for extraction.
Heat in the colder months is provided by a heat mat.

Nutrients i'm using are metrop mr1 mr2 root booster calgreen and amino bloom and epsom salts on occasion.

Every thing is feminized as i've had to scale down things this year and have not the space to be wasting on males.

I'm starting off with a few white diesel from white lable seeds and hollands hope from dutch passion.

Both strains are currently flowering and pics will follow when i figurfe out how to post them.
I hope to update a few times a weeks all going well.

Right well i learned how to resize the pics many thanks hick.
Below are 2 white diesel and the scrawny one at the front is hollands hope it was on 12/12 from seed.
pics were taken before flowering started.

009.JPG

005.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

Well they're getting there but they will never compare to the love of my life who sadly pass on a few years back.

Feel free to punch me for not hanging on to this phenotype jack herer that finished in 9 weeks...oh i could kick myself

12478Picture_168.jpg

GMT said:
Feel free to punch me for not hanging on to this phenotype jack herer that finished in 9 weeks...oh i could kick myself

:eek: :hitchair:

Looking real nice man :watchplant: be keeping me eye on these

Reactions: GMT
Right well i left a few things out.

The white diesel.
They are in a mix of coco/perlite/hydroton the coco and perlite are mixed and i have 3 layers of hydroton in the pot, the square pots i use are from my hydro system ( wilma) but the roots tend to clog the drainge holes so that explains the layers of hydroton.

Currently they are being fed mr1 75ml/100l amino bloom 80ml/100l and calgreen 30ml/100l of water ph adjusted to 6ish.
I will be adding 1.5 tsp of epsom salts to the gallon due to a very slight Mg defeciency nothing to worry about tho.

The hollands hope.
Thats in a 50/50 mix of recycled coco and topsoil that has barrow loads of compost dug into it every year, strain is new to me so i want to have 1 harvested before i decide to plant a load of them in the veggie patch.
It's being fed once a week with 1/4 of the dose i use on the diesel and just watered using rain water.

The only other change is i replaced the hps bulb from a son-t to an osram plantastar the son-t was getting a bit tired.

001.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Hello there
Im using coco and clay pebbles but what is hydroton?
Are your pots the 10l ones with the square'ish holes in the sides right at the bottom?
Plants look real healthy fella

hydroton those red expanded clay pebbels, yeah those are the pots i still find myself tilting the damm things to drain them fully.

Handwatering twice a day=pain in the ***.

Lol i didnt even know what it was and i'm using it lol.
I have couple of inch of it in bottom of the same pots and rest is just coco.
Got any tips for me? whats perlite then? should i be using it?
Yeah i handwater too but just enough to see few drips at bottom then leave to nearly dry and repeat?
How much water do you give em and why water till it drains out etc?
Genuine questions fella this my first time round just wondering whats the advantage?

perlite little white styrofoam looking stuff does the same thing as the clay pebbles...coco by its self is fine.

why water untill it drains out? prevents toxic salts building up, testing ph of run-off.
how much water i have no idea i just pour until i'm happy with the amount coming out the bottom coco is hard to over water.

:eek: Carn't believe the guy at my local shop never mentioned this i even asked him other day about watering.
Thanx man

Ah those crowd in the grow shops where i'm from are idiots only 1 shop keeps their seed stock in a fridge.
Ask them a question and their answer is usually motivated by the sound of the till swallowing your cash.

There's much better advice on the various forums without the sales pitch.

GMT said:
Ah those crowd in the grow shops where i'm from are idiots only 1 shop keeps their seed stock in a fridge.
Ask them a question and their answer is usually motivated by the sound of the till swallowing your cash.

There's much better advice on the various forums without the sales pitch.
.....;)...... "cha-ching"..

Right so another little update

Lights were beefed up a bit by adding a 125w envirolight which brings me up to 725w in total.

Planted 4 new hollands hope they will be living in the green house until june, should be big enouigh by then to take clones.

Every thing else is flowering away slowly the first few tiny trichs are popping out on the diesels.

007.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

Latest posts

Back