Go Ahead And Get High In Breckenridge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Starting Friday, it's legal to possess up to one ounce of marijuana -- and the paraphernalia you need to smoke it -- in Breckenridge.

The ski town created a national buzz after voters legalized the adult possession of marijuana in November by a nearly 3-1 margin. The law takes effect on New Year's Day. From then on, there will be no criminal or civil penalties for anyone carrying up to an ounce of marijuana and paraphernalia such as rolling papers and bongs.

"There is no sense in criminalizing a substance that is far less toxic, less addictive, and less problematic than alcohol," said Brian Vicente, executive director of Sensible Colorado. "This is a huge step toward more a more sensible policy, in which adults are no longer punished for making the rational, safer choice to use marijuana instead of alcohol."

The decriminalization of marijuana won't change laws prohibiting smoking in public, use by minors or driving under the influence. It also doesn't allow for the possession or use of marijuana while skiing. The Colorado Ski Safety Act prohibits using any ski lift, slope or trail while under the influence.

Vicente, who coordinated the Breckenridge campaign, said residents of other Colorado cities also are expressing interest in running similar initiative campaigns, and momentum is building toward a 2012 statewide ballot initiative that would regulate marijuana so that it is treated similarly to alcohol. A similar "tax and regulate" initiative in California qualified for the 2010 ballot earlier this month, and one in Nevada is headed toward the 2012 ballot.

"Colorado has emerged as a worldwide leader in the realm of common-sense marijuana policy reform," Vicente said. "Cities across the state -- and throughout others -- are working to follow suit, and it's only a matter of time before marijuana prohibition crumbles entirely."

hxxp://tinyurl.com/y9t95wl

awesome...bout time people pulled the head out of their rears and started using common sense

colorado trying to steal your glory cali...lol...lol...

this is most excellent news fruity...we hope the trickle down effect begins immediately...:cool: ...

well i'm just going to have to add Breckenridge to next summers road trip!
:48:

we'll stay home and await your return you brave young man>>>LoL...LoL...ahhh, a Breckenridge smoke report...lol...

we'll await the trickle down effect...i like toking at home, as do most stoners, < thats people that get high on marijuana>...lol...

thats mint, i board...and love to smoke when do it...nothin beats blazin taking the lift up the mountain on a bluebird with incredible views.... then to slash all the way down

Who cares what state legalizes? ALL must legalize. Or atleast mine and ill be happy =)

Latest posts

Back