GoGnats - how to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I was feeding my plants today I noticed 2 little black flies crawling on the topsoil. I'm assuming these are fungus gnats (I squished them so it was hard to identify). I didn't see any more in my garden, not even on the sticky traps I have laying around, but I'm assuming there must be more.

I want to get rid of these suckers quick before they become a problem. I'm in the second week of flower. I have "GoGnats", neem oil, mosquito dunks, and diatomaceous earth at my disposal. What do you guys thinks is the best way to handle this problem? When it's time to feed my plants again, should I cut the nutes completely and give nothing but water + GoGnats? How much of it per gallon? Should I mix the GoGnats with alcohol or dish soap?

I'm not sure about using the dunks or neem during 2nd week of flower so I need advice, thanks.

well i'm no longer sure i have fungus gnats. i saw a bunch of very tiny white bugs near the egdges of one of my pots when i was watering. judging by some pictures and info i gleaned i think they might be springtails. they look exactly like this

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/images/M1305-1.jpg

they are so small i had to really focus on them to notice. those 2 larger, adult bugs i thought were fungus gnats might have been adult springtails but i'm not 100% sure since when i killed them i couldn't tell if they had wings.

anyways i'm doing a soil drench with gognats and crushed mosquito dunks just to be sure.

Latest posts

Back