Gone Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3787.jpeg

It’s fixin’ to go down.

Good point! The two best days I had with my boat were the day I got it, and the day I got rid of it.

Every day in between was maintenance.
The first fishing trip of the year is actually called, the day you figure out what quit working over the winter so you can fix it and actually fish next time.

The first fishing trip of the year is actually called, the day you figure out what quit working over the winter so you can fix it and actually fish next time.
LOL

I'll never forget - a good friend of mine and I planned a fishing trip for literally months. It was hard for the two of us to get together on the same day. He showed up at 0400 or whatever, we drove to the ramp, unloaded the boat, and it wouldn't start. It was just a little boat with a 35 HP pull-start Mariner tiller-steer motor on the back. It was flooding.
And of course I didn't have any tools with - I'd been fishing the weekend before and the boat was fine. Never thought about something in the fuel tank sticking the needle open off the seat.

So...we loaded the boat back up, went home and made fried egg sammies after burning a bowl. Then we laughed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back