GOOD or BAD?? 12 powerpoints..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mAKo BuDz

Rollin' Stoned
Reaction score
While designing my all in one grow cab, i realised ill need 12 powerpoints or 2 powerboards with 6 points each, Where i live all AC mains are 240v and the total watts for this cab should be around 850, my question is. Do you think it dangerous to have that many things plugged in? seems a lot to me :holysheep:

2x HPS (250 & 400) w/ Timer
2x Pumps (Ebb/flow) w/ Timer
2x Air pump (Res)
2x 5" pc fans (Diy light reflector)
2x Spare (one each room)
1x Ex fan
1x Cfl light (clone room)

You'll be running just under 4 amps of current. That won't bother anything. If the power outlets 'down under' are the Brit type (flat 3 pin with fuse) they will take up to 10A without overheating. (Yeah I know they say '13A' but they invariably burn out after a while at 13A)
Just make sure everything is earthed, 120V is not a terrible shock but 240V is quite possibly a killer.

leafminer said:
You'll be running just under 4 amps of current. That won't bother anything. If the power outlets 'down under' are the Brit type (flat 3 pin with fuse) they will take up to 10A without overheating. (Yeah I know they say '13A' but they invariably burn out after a while at 13A)
Just make sure everything is earthed, 120V is not a terrible shock but 240V is quite possibly a killer.
Thanks leaf thats what i needed to know, our power outlets are the same (3 flat prongs) just wasn't sure if they would overload/overheat, ill just make sure i earth everything.

Godspeed, The grow cab is:
Bud Room - 3.3'(L) X 2.6'(w) X 6.5'(H)
Veg Room - 2.6'(L) X 2.6'(W) X 5.2'(H)
Clone Room - 1.5'(L) X 2.6'(W) X 1.1'(H)
Utillity Room - 1.1'(L) X 2.6'(W) X 1.1'(H)

Latest posts

Back