got a quick question about lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

things and places

Reaction score
my grow box is about 2'x3'x4'. im looking to get a hps and i was wondering what wattage light i should get. im either looking at a 250 or a 400. was looking to get one from htg ligting. what do you guys recomend and what size fan would i need to vent the box? also, if i go to a bigger box later will this light work for something a couple feet bigger in all sides.

Thanks

If your going to go bigger the 400 is better but you will need real good ventilation....

A fan with like 500 CFM should do the job but let's wait for a box grower...I grow in big rooms and am not an real good one to ask about box grows.

I have a 400W HPS in a 2' x 3' x 5' room. Its an absolute ***** to cool. But in a custom grow box, it would probably be easier to vent.

things and places said:
if i get a european hood and vent straight through it could i keep the temps down?

An air cooled hood will help, but you are still going to build up some significant heat in a box that small. You will almost certainly need to bring in cool air to the box also.

YOU SHOULD GET A COOL TUBE FROM hTG.com I USE A 400 IN A BOX 2-3-5 IT WAS A HASSEL TO KEEP IT COOL THEN GOT THAT TUBE AND IT WONT GET HOTTER THAN 77 DEG. BUT I DID HAVE COOL AIR VENTED FROM THE WINDOW , WITH THIS SETUP THAT IS A MUST!!!!!

Latest posts

Back